Break Me

disclaimer: this chapter covers some... adult topics. (not smut, but viewer discretion still advised)

𐄁𐄙𐄁𐄙𐄁𐄙𐄁𐄙𐄁𐄙𐄁𐄙𐄁𐄙𐄁

October 25th, 1994

The full moon fell that month (quite inconveniently) on the very Wednesday before the Triwizard champions would be chosen. The past few weeks had been slightly hectic, but Elodie was determined to make tonight as calm as possible.

So far, it had been a peaceful night. Elodie elected to sleep downstairs while the moon was full, so she didn't have to suffer through another breathing disaster. She sat on the couch, flipping through an astronomy book, large glass of water nearby for when the blinding headache set in.

This activity was actually very pleasant; it was somehow dead quiet in the common room—almost like someone had placed the muffliato charm on the dorms—and the book kept her mind off the facts that:

1. Lupin was probably suffering through something worse than death at this very moment, and she couldn't do anything to help him.

2. The animal side of Elodie wanted Fred more than she had ever wanted something in her entire life.

Those were facts that she absolutely had to ignore, on risk of driving herself insane. The water and the book helped. Sort of.

She made it through two, peaceful chapters and ten, quiet minutes before (of course) something had to interrupt her. A door slammed loudly from up above and a set of hurried footsteps echoed down the stairwell.

"Elodie! Fuck!"

She turned to raise her eyebrows at a quite flustered-looking George Weasley. "Erm... yes?"

George stumbled towards her, flopping himself onto the couch. He took a very deep breath.

"Elodie."

"George?"

"I'm about to tell you something, and then we're never going to speak about it again."

Elodie narrowed her eyes. "Do I really want to know?"

"Definitely not." George said, wrapping his arms around his head. "But I can't tell Fred, so you're my only option."

"Spit it out, Weasley, you know you want to." Elodie allowed, preparing herself for the worst.

"Lee." George whispered, eyes bulging out of his head. "He's huge."

Elodie gave an embarrassed shriek and hid her head behind her book. "George!" She scolded, not able to contain her laughter. "You're right, I really didn't want to know that!"

George grinned. "You told me to spit it out! Cmon, I need someone to talk to about this stuff!"

"Yuck!" Elodie made a face. "Like I would tell you about Fred's... endowment."

"I mean, technically you don't have to. We'd be identical, right?" George reasoned, as casual as talking about the weather.

"I dunno!" Elodie said, cheeks getting redder by the second. "Why are we even talking about this?!"

"Because," George groaned, "my throat really hurts, and you have water."

Elodie gaped at him, astounded. "Georgie! No! Get your own water, god!"

George reluctantly conjured his own glass out of the air, leaning back against the couch. Elodie buried her head back in the astronomy book to cover the fact that her face was as bright as a tomato.