The Four Champions

authors note: i have a terribly boring life, tell me about your day lovelies! cuddles and nice letters to all of my beautiful readers.

𐄁𐄙𐄁𐄙𐄁𐄙𐄁𐄙𐄁𐄙𐄁𐄙𐄁𐄙𐄁

October 26, 1994

Fred Weasley was slightly stricken to find his girlfriend, his twin brother, and his best friend all cozied up in the same small four-poster the next morning. Elodie had curled up at the end of the bed like a cat, and George and Lee were slumped against each other, still sitting upright.

He, on the other hand, had fallen asleep on the couch, exhausted and blissful. So blissful, in fact, that he momentarily forgot about the choosing ceremony that was happening today and the depressive feeling that came with thinking about their failure to enter.

"What is going on?" Fred said rather loudly, causing Elodie to startle. She still felt that heightened edginess that came with the full moon.

George opened one eye groggily. "Go away, Fred."

Lee didn't even bother to wake up. He pushed his face farther into George's shoulder, yawning.

"Hi." Elodie beamed sleepily.

"Mm." Fred put his hands on his hips unamusedly. "Explain."

George rolled his eyes at his twin. "Els likes us better than you."

"Yup," Lee added unhelpfully.

"Rubbish." Elodie declared. "I just needed to talk with them and we fell asleep."

"She just came to tell us how-" Lee started, but Elodie clapped a hand over his mouth. He continued talking through her palm. "'Uge o are, whib obbioly I know!"

Elodie hid her head in the covers embarrassedly.

Fred grinned, clearly having made out the gist of what Lee was trying to say. "Shucks, Florence, you're too kind."

Elodie didn't raise her head up to look at him. "No problem." She muttered weakly.

"Alright then, love, let's get you out of bed." Fred decided, tugging on Elodie's arm. She got up queasily just as George warned,

"Mate, I'm not too sure she can-"

Elodie toppled over onto the wooden floor, legs giving out completely. Ouch.

"-Walk." George said flatly.

Fred cackled with apologetic laughter, picking Elodie up in his arms and setting her back down on the bed. Too tired and embarrassed to speak, she curled up in a ball again, wishing nothing more than to float back into sleep.

"Well," Fred looked expectantly at George and Lee. "What do we do?"

Lee snorted. "Do we really look like the right people to ask?"

Fred sighed, giving up and slumping down onto the bed with the rest of his friends. The four-poster really wasn't made for four fully grown teenagers—it was barely meant for one—but they managed alright.

"We're just going to stay here forever." Fred announced.

"Works for me." Lee shrugged.

"Me, too." Elodie agreed.

"Lazy wankers. But, sure." George laughed.

Fred pulled Elodie into his lap, stroking her hair absentmindedly. She smiled dreamily, listening to the pacifying rhythm of their four heartbeats. But too soon four heartbeats became five, and footsteps sounded from in the stairwell.