𝟪𝟢 | 𝖳𝖧𝖤 𝖳𝖱𝖴𝖳𝖧

THE ENTIRE WAITING room was was dead silent

THE ENTIRE WAITING room was was dead silent. Corinne and Demon could be faintly heard from down the hall. They had been going back and forth for hours and Priest's six-hour surgery was nearing the end.

"I never said it was Priest's fault all that shit started happening. You can't be mad at me cause you assumed." Demon says.

"No! I'm mad cause you let me assume that it was his fault when you knew it ain't have shit to do with him! You let me believe you would never put me in harm's way cause you loved me but my father fighting for his life because he got shot with bullets that were meant for me over some shit that you fucking started." Corinne tells him.

"It was never supposed to get to you." He attempts to justify it.

"You told me day one that it's fair game in the streets so don't act like you ain't know it was a possibility. You could've let me know that I was walking around with a target on my back but you love to keep me outta the loop, right? You ain't trust me enough to let me know that my life was on the line because of you?" She asks.

"I do trust you."

"You still lying?" Corinne crosses her arms.

"I'm not lying."

"Yes, the fuck you are. If you wasn't lying to yourself, we wouldn't be here right now. And you know that." Corinne tells him. "If you would've trusted me enough...you know what. It would've been human decency to let me know somebody put money on me. I would've sat my ass down in the house. But you can't do it right?" She asks.

"You let me run around the city with my nephew the other day knowing damn well niggas wanted me dead. You don't know who was gone be where. Anything could've happened to me. To Jacobi. He only one. He ain't lived no type of life yet. He hasn't said a whole sentence let alone met somebody to fall in love with. I was putting other people's lives in danger whenever I saw them and you ain't say shit." She continues.

"I-"

"Why we even together? We been doing this shit for almost two years now and to be honest...ain't shit changed since the day I met you. You still act like I'm a stranger." Corinne crosses her arms.

"That's a fucking lie. You know I been all about you since the jump. You can question whether or not I trust you but don't ever try to act like my love and loyalty for you ain't there." He says.

"Love and loyalty don't mean shit without trust. You the same nigga that was praising me for trusting you but you can't trust nobody but yourself."

"Corinne."

"No. You're a selfish inconsiderate ass bastard and I don't wanna see you again. Somebody gone come get my stuff from the house or you can throw it all away but I'm done."

"Don't say that."

"What? The truth? You don't trust me and this relationship not gone work cause of it." She says, taking off the diamond ring. "Baby, please don't do this." He says with his voice breaking. "I don't want you here."

"I wanna make sure Priest-"

"Ask Vic or Dom. Just go, please." She asks looking up so her tears wouldn't fall. "Cece." He says, grabbing her hand only for her to shake her head, giving him the ring before walking out of the private waiting room.

She enters the women's restroom as tears start to fall to the point where she's hyperventilating. She had lost one of the most important people in her life with her father's fate still undecided. She gets herself together before
leaving the bathroom.

"You good?" Dominique asks grabbing Corinne's arm. She nods before going to sit with her family. They all refrain from asking questions about what happened. "It's Saturday, right?" Lorenzo asks while they wait for an update of any kind. "Mhmm." Corinne hums, answering along looking at the tan line on her left ring finger.

"That nigga not gone make it to see Sunday," Kenneth says. "You okay, baby?" Nicole asks, seeing her daughter's red eyes and puffy face which they all knew had to be a direct result of what happened with her boyfriend. Well, ex-boyfriend. "No, but I'll live." She shrugs. "What happened, Rin?" Toot asks only to receive the silent treatment. "You gotta talk to us at some point."

"It's not gone be today." She shakes her head rubbing the tan line on her finger. "We just wanna know what happened, so we can see what we gotta do," Sean says. "Now y'all don't wanna stay in y'all place?" Corinne asks them. "Rin-"

"No." She shakes her head. "What happened?" Coriah asks. "No," Corinne repeats, unlocking her phone and going on Facebook to see her timeline filled with people posting prayers for her father on her wall. She goes on TikTok trying to find something funny to distract herself but as soon as she finds something worthwhile a doctor comes out with a chart.

"The family of Kairi Solis?"

♥︎♥︎♥︎
a/n: the end

♥︎♥︎♥︎a/n: the end