SEVEN

Valentines day was approaching before I knew it. It was hard to believe it had already been a month since I'd come back home, started school here, and seen him again.

I dreaded this holiday every year. It brought back bad memories from high school, not to mention the false hope I seemed to get from it each year. The cycle was the same each time- hope for affection, be let down, spend the special day basically alone. I knew it'd be the same this time, with Sasha planning to spend tomorrow with her boyfriend, and Krista with a 'close friend' of hers.

Of course, the thought of asking Eren if he wanted to spend it together crossed my mind, but each time it did, it was followed by a ping of embarrassment. What him and I had wasn't romance, it wasn't lovey-dovey, it was just... sex. That's all. Every sweet gesture of his always ended up being a means to get in my pants, so why was I even feeling like this? Like a little schoolgirl having her first crush. If i got my hopes up- if I told myself we were anything but sex, I knew I'd just be let down in the end, I'd be tricked and tossed aside like a naive fool.

My posture slumped. I hate times like this, times when I have nothing to do but think. All those little doubts I'd pushed to the side while with Eren were now coming to fruition. I wished I was curled up in his arms once more, so that I could forget about everything, and focus on nothing but him- his scent, his features, his little mannerisms. But, the harsh reality was that I hadn't seen him in weeks. When I spent the night at his apartment all those weeks ago I had woken up to an empty bed. Eren was nowhere to be found, he had up and left like the wind, and, I haven't seen him since.

"Next!" The clerk shouted, and I stepped forward to the register, handing him the few snacks I'd picked from the small convenience store. He scanned and bagged them, before telling me my total, which I paid gratefully. I gave the man a sweet smile, thanking him before swiftly heading out of the door and back into the chilly afternoon winds.

It felt quite odd, roaming the same streets I did as a high schooler. Though, it was refreshing in a sense, being able to return to the same places as a new person, as someone who no longer took orders from a teenage boy with anger issues.

I smiled at the thought, proud of the person I've become, and, while I did sometimes wonder how that boy was doing, I knew I was far better off without him. My step became lighter as I walked down the college pavement, a particular weight being lifted from my shoulders. For some reason, I felt good about today. Maybe it was because I was finally honest with myself, about Eren and about the past, or, maybe, it was my intuition. But only time will tell that.

"Im back!" I announced, entering the small dorm room. Sasha practically jumped from her seat at her desk, eyes gleaming, and Krista sat up in her bed.

"You got the snackies?!" The brunette asked joyfully, and I nodded as I laughed, grabbing their respective treats from the plastic bag and tossing it to each of them. Krista nearly tore into hers, shoving a handful of the sour gummy worms into her mouth with satisfaction.

"Jeez, you're an angel, you know that Y/N?" The blond complimented, though it was severely muffled by the food occupying in her mouth.

"Oh! That reminds me!" Sasha added, popping one of her potato chips into her mouth. "Someone knocked at the door while you were out. When I opened it no one was there, all spooky like. But~" she sang, doing a spin and putting down her precious chips to pick up two different objects and hand them to me. "these were outside and they've got your name on them!"

I watched intently as she handed me the strange gift- it was a bouquet of flowers, and a heart-shaped box of chocolates. "You're sure they're not for either of you?" I took them gleefully, just before looking down, and seeing what species of flora I had been gifted.