|46| Sketchs

ART

/ärt/

1.
the expression or application of human creative skill and imagination, typically in a visual form such as painting or sculpture, producing works to be appreciated primarily for their beauty or emotional power.
2.
the various branches of creative activity, such as painting, music, literature, and dance.
"the visual arts"

"You know I don't even get why I have to study algebra I don't even think I will ever use this shit anyway." Mia complained as she forcefully threw her pencil into her notebook. And she slid her fingers into her dark black and pulled it in frustration.

"What are you complaining about? You had a C+ on Douglas's last test." Kate mumbled.

"She did? That shit had me fucked up. I had a D-." Vic groaned.

"Both of y'all's have a working brain. I had an F and honestly I'm not even going to bother studying. I did the last time and look what I got." Kate said as she threw a  skittle into her mouth clearly having no intention of preparing for the upcoming algebra test.

"You know Katherine if you fail that usually means you have to study more." Her sister scolded.

"What for, more disappointments? No thank you, I mean think about it I actually studied for the last test and look what I got at this point I think the more I study the dumber I'm getting so I ask you dearest sister what's better getting a bad grade without studying at all or get a bad grade after studying?"

"Cause you see if I get a bad grade without studying at least I have an excuse and what if I did that would make me feel even dumber than I already am,  mentally and emotionally I'm not prepared for that realization yet." Another skittle was popped into her mouth and I just knew a quarrel between the twins was about to emerge. Kate and Mia had two completely different personalities even though they looked like the same person they weren't. While Mia was responsible, cautious and took things seriously it wasn't the same for a sister Kate was laid back, troublesome and an all around bad influence.

I didn't bother to look up as I continued to jot down some ideas for a song. Usually I wouldn't be able to concentrate with such noise but the soothing movement of Jacob's thumb on my thigh was giving just enough serenity. We were all seated outside in the courtyard. It was lunch time the time he and I usually came out here alone to eat and talk but mostly make out given no one came out here during lunch. But today my friends followed us here and I was about to send them away and Jacob said it was ok. And that made me very happy that he was willing to trade in his peace in quiet just so I could spend time with my friends.

We were sitting next to each other and under the table my leg was hooked on top of his for some sort of physical contact. I knew how difficult it must've been for him given that he didn't particularly like new people so this was so it would calm him down. His hand had found its way to my thigh and he just placed it there as his thumb drew soothing circles on it. He had a notepad in front of and he was scribbling something down quietly. The girls did grill him for answers a while back but he handled himself very answering their questions calmly he had just about won just about each and everyone of them besides Jazz of course. Once in while we sat like this the six of us with him quite as always and spoke when he was spoken to. The girls didn't mind saying he will warm up soon enough but with the way I had been smiling and looking lively lately for that they were grateful to him. So they didn't care if he didn't say much to them as long as he said enough to me. However Jazz was still on the fence believing he would do something to hurt me again so she wasn't on board with it yet. I get that she is being over protective over me but couldn't she see I was happy? While the others made small talk with him whenever we were together she didn't even look his way. The only words she had spoken to him were if you hurt her you are dead.