|| 065|| The Usual Room 🐔 Pt 1/X

Art by feintoduck on Twitter

!Yandere!Takanashi Kiara x !GN!Reader

Uhm, it's yandere, do you expect it to be fluffy?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

You'd have to say, after years of working there, you'd come to find out that KFP wasn't just a workplace, it became a family over time.

Everyone there was extremely kind and hardworking, none more than the CEO, Takanashi Kiara. Every shift you worked always passed by so fast, time filled with serving happy customers (with Kiara shooing away any Karens, no way she would let anyone harass her employees) and cracking jokes with co-workers.

Although there were many upsides to working this job such as good hours, good pay, you get to see an incredibly cute phoenix everyday, there were downsides to it, albeit small downsides that were far and few. But very rarely do good things come with no baggage.

Every now and then, an employee will slip up and mix up orders, or make a mess in the kitchen, which mostly would be brushed off with a warning, well... that wasn't the case here. Kiara, while being a very loving person, was also extremely strict when it came to her restaurant and franchise. You can bet if you make even the tiniest of mistakes, one of Kiara's hand selected managers will talk to you, and pass on that Kiara wants you to spend some time in The Usual Room.

While no one had ever gone missing, the people who came out after spending time there were thoroughly fucked up and usually ended up quitting and being taken somewhere to be taken care of. Kiara would always be sad seeing them go, which would end with some of her most trusted employees consoling her, you included.

You never really cared about the room considering you were one of the best workers there, getting the employee of the month award several times in a row. The only reason you hadn't accepted a managerial position because you enjoyed your current job, and the pay gap wasn't too big and even working in the kitchens played much more than any other fast food place.

So to say you were surprised when one of the managers came up to you and your friend group while on break saying they wanted to talk to you was an understatement. Your brain immediately began working overtime, trying to think of anything you could've done wrong, but you came up empty handed.

you could feel your hands getting sweaty as your manager motioned for you to sit in the chair on the opposite side of their desk. 'At least it's comfortable' you though, feeling more sweat forming on your brow. The manager sat there with tented fingers, just staring at you. They then perked up as if remembering something. They pushed their chair out and starting rummaging around under their desk and pulled out a bottle of alcohol with a sticky note on it. They took the sticky note off then took out a small glass.

"Before I forget, Kiara specifically told me to give this to you. Said No one else was allowed to have a sip, I presume because of your work ethic" You were going to question it but hey what the fuck, it's free booze! You watched as the manager poured a generous amount into the glass and pushed it to you gently. Not wanting to be rude and thinking it could help calm your nerves, you took the glass and had a nice sip. It was bitter, but not much more so than any other alcoholic drink might be.

While you enjoyed some more of the drink, your manager suddenly grew rather solemn and quiet.

"Look, I'm going to cut the small talk. Kiara wants you to spend some time in The Usual Room. I don't know why since you are one of our best working employees, but what the boss says goes" Their voice was steady, not showing an ounce of remorse and saw your knuckles turn white as your grip on the armrests tightened. Behind you, a guy you remembered talking to a few times named Josh walked up behind you. He was the tallest and probably strongest employee working at KFP, hence the reason he got the position as The Usual Room guard.

"Sorry to do this to you, (Y/N), but Kiara wants this" Unlike the manager, Josh did sound genuinely remorseful as he took you by the shoulders, escorting you down a series of back hallways that you didn't even know existed.

"FYI, there'll be a waiting room before the actual room. Just wait until Kiara comes to get you, I think there might already be someone in there" Josh gave you a friendly pat on the back as you both rounded a corner, coming to a dingy little waiting room.

You heard the door lock behind Josh as he left, leaving you to either stand in the middle of the room awkwardly or sit down on the rickety sofa. The single light would occasionally flicker off, leaving you in brief periods of darkness. Then there was the door. Not the door you came in, but the door that lead into The Usual Room. It was made of a wrought iron door that looked surprisingly clean, unlike the rest of the room. You couldn't see any hints of light or dark from the cracks around it, so you assumed the room was soundproofed or something similar.

A small ding caught you attention, and you turned your head to the sign above the door that turned from red with the word occupied to green with the word vacant. 'Oh god this is it. I'm gonna die, either that or something really bad is gonna happen to me...' You felt your heart stop when the familiar shape of Tenchou appear in front of you.

She was only slightly taller than you, and other than her hats slightly of kilter and her blouse being slightly tussled, nothing was out of place. She quickly fixed the first problem, adjusting her hats till they were in their correct place before striding over to you.

"Ah! (Y/N), it's good to see you! You're probably wondering why you're here" Kiara's face was kind with a warm smile, though there was something in her eyes that begged to differ. You stared at you and it suddenly hit you that she wanted you to respond. You, not trusting your voice enough in this moment, just nodded in response. Kiara smirked and made a humming noise.

"Weelll, I have been rather lonely lately, and I haven't been able to see Calli as much, so I wanted to have someone to keep me company~ And since you are one of my most trusted employees, I figured you were the best option available" Kiara leaned in just a little too close for comfort. You guessed if this was a hypothetical situation, like you were imagining it, this would be pretty great, but with the way Kiara was talking and her tone of voice, something about it just felt wrong.

"But honestly, I have been watching you for a while... You're the only other person I've seen that comes close to having as much enthusiasm about this job that I have, and I admire that" She purred. You felt the hairs on the back of your neck stand up and tried to take a step back, but you leg decided to crumple underneath your weight instead, causing you to fall to the ground.

You started freaking out even more as you lost more and more feeling in your body. First it was your right leg, then your left before the tingling sensation continued to your arms so you couldn't prop yourself up and see Kiara. But you could feel her. Since she was a phoenix she radiated a fare amount of heat which you could feel on the back of your head.

"I'm guessing you're wondering what's happening" You felt her threading her fingers through your hair as if she was trying to comfort you. You tried to respond, but the tingling had made it's way to the top of your head and you no longer had any control over any part of your body, meaning you couldn't control your mouth well enough to make a coherent sentence. Kiara simply clicked her tongue.

"You remember that drink that was given to you. While it was mostly alcohol, I got a little help from Ame to add in a non lethal paralysis drug. It's working quite well" 'I'm sorry. What?' Oh yeah, your panic levels were rising quite dramatically right now. You heard Kiara humming something, you guessed it sounded like Calli's Live Again but you could be wrong.

You tried to reflectively move your arms and legs as you felt Kiara pick you up, but to no avail. Surprisingly, the phoenix was rather gentle as she picked you up, as if she genuinely didn't want to hurt you.

"Now, then" You heard her whisper somewhere close to your ear. You felt something tighten around your throat, but you were just too weak to even fight it. Through the squint in your eyelids, you could see Kiara staring into your soul, somehow holding you with a single arm while the other was focused on making sure you were unconscious.

"Why don't you have a little nap?"