4

After two days and a night in Wangshu Inn, Anthea and Diluc finally arrived in Liyue Harbor. They were to attend the three day Gala to meet the Tianquan and search for other possible investors for the Winery's Liyue branch. 

Diluc insisted on buying expensive dresses for Anthea, but she would always stop him from spending too much on her. Specially on the dresses as she has already made her outfits herself. Their first agenda upon arriving was to search for suppliers of materials they need. Not for the winery, but for the botique Anthea is trying to build as a promise to Diluc's father.

As Diluc bargained with a possible supplier, he noticed the growing frown on her wife as she was deep in thought.

"Why the frown?" He asked in a gentle  tone, lightly caressing her back witu his palm. 

"I just wish he's still here with us to witness this. He was the first one to acknowledge this skill of mine."

It was true. When Crepus, Diluc's father, was still alive, he'd make her commission clothes and accessories for him. Back then, she had no confidence in her crafts, but Crepus would always compliment her works and even paid more than she asked for. And although she'd insist on returning the excess money, he'd always tell her to keep it and save it until she gets to open her own botique. He kept on asking for her comissioned craft until Crepus and Diluc's wardrobe has been filled with her handmade clothes. She had made quite the wardrobe for Kaeya too, even after their father died.

Diluc pressed his palms against her wife's cheeks as he planted a long, gentle kiss on her forehead. Anthea closed her eyes, drawning in the comfort of his husband's affection.  "I know he's proud of you, Thea."

"And he's proud of you too, Diluc, my love." She whispered back, pecking his husband's lips.

"let's make him more proud."

"This Chopsuey is really cheap and tasty."

Diluc smiled at the sight of her wife. He always loved watching her do the things she liked, and bemuse at her simple little reactions when she gets to do those things. It had always been in her so called 'bucket list' which colloquial terminology she got from Kaeya, to try every cuisines in Teyvat.  Diluc chuckled as she excitedly munched on every dish.

"You're right. But I'll always prefer my wife's cooking." Diluc said as he pinched Anthea's cheeks. 

"You say that yet you hardly join us to eat." Her wife replied, jokingly punching his arm. 

"You're right, I'm really sorry. But I promise when we go back home to Monstadt, I'll be joining you in evey meal." Diluc laid his head on his wife's shoulder, apologizing to her not only with words but his affection, and she understood his language clearly.

She was right. Although it was just a joke, he knew he's been lacking on that area. For most of the time, he gets too occupied with 'business' matters that he forgets to attend the meals on time. He'd been grateful of her unconditional support, because everytime he leaves his office only to see her already cleaning up, she would immediately cook once again, and join him as he eat, even when she has already eaten and still has work to do.

"You know I'm just kidding, right? Even if you don't, it's okay as long as you eat my cooking."

"No it's not. I vowed to be by your side, yet I couldn't do one simple thing." He confessed as he looked down, ashamed of himself.

As he felt her gentle touch on her face,  he slowly met her loving gaze. And he melted by the sight of her immaculate smile.

"That's why it's fine, love. Compared to everything you've done and you're doing for our future, that's nothing. I appreciate you and your effort. Always."

Smiling at his wife, he took her hands and placed a gentle kiss on her palm.

"And I appreciate your patience with such a flawed husband as I am. Thank you for always being there, Anthea."

"I hope you see yourself the way I see you. So beautiful, and so perfect."