63. All About You

Cohen

"Honey everything is going to be perfect. Stop worrying you've done such a great job."

"Bro. Chill out, you know just as much as the rest of us know that she'll say yes. You got this." My mom and brother both try to help sooth the nerves rushing through me.

I walk the length of my brother's living room for the almost millionth time pacing as my mind is checking off alll the things I need for tomorrow night to be the best.

As I watch the sun slowly setting across the sky I feel a delicate hand caress my shoulder tenderly. " I know your brother and I can tell you over and over again not to be nervous and you got this but you're still going to be nervous and that's okay darling. This isn't just Everly's big day it's yours as well. This is the day you show her how much you want to grow with her, be there for her no matter what she to have her be yours. It's a unique situation as well.

I slowly turn towards her not understanding where she's going with this now.

"Unique? What's unique about this mom?" I raise an eyebrow towards her.

"Yes. Unique. I'll explain if you'd let me finish before interrupting. Shame on you." I can hear Liam holding back laughter at my scolding.

" You both are not each other's first. She's had a proposal before you and you've somewhat done the same even if it wasn't a grand gesture but there's a reason they didn't work out. It's actually a blessing even if you were both hurt you've both became stronger individuals and now you both are here at this point in both your lives.

Cohen it's meant to be with her. I know your afraid and that's only natural. At the end of tomorrow night you will have a fiancé that completely loves and adores you."

I'm not sure if it's all the emotions or the very sensitive and enduring speech my own mom gave me but I take a seat on the couch before I fall over.

Thank you mom is all I can say as I think of what she just told me and let it sink in. I'm going to have a fiancé tomorrow.

"Damn mom never seen him speechless before you need to give more inspirational speeches to him more often." Liam jokes around but shuts right up with the look out mom gives.

"You're lucky I don't feel like coming over there and popping you for cussing in front of your mother. Where's your manners? And leave your brother alone! You were the exact same way when you were going to propose to Avery and need I remind you that I had to pull you out of the bathroom ten minutes before you proposed from how nervous you were." My mom states matter of factly.

My anxiety is growing by the minute that I don't even laugh at the way my brother looks like a scolded puppy at the end of the couch. All I can think of is the possibility that Ev could say no. She may think it's not the right time or just doesn't want an engagement again. My body is sweating just thinking of all our loved ones around, me getting on one knee in front of everyone waiting for the most beautiful woman to say she'll marry me.

No matter what I do my nerves don't calm down. If I could have a drink I would but I don't want to skip down that rabbit hole tonight and not be there for Everly on her birthday. I just want tomorrow to be so special for her.

It's already been a few hours our mom has left and Avery has come home and is making some dinner. It smells delicious but my nerves won't allow me to eat. I watch how my brother sits at the island watching his wife cook. It's as if he blinks at any second she'll vanish in plain sight. She begins to pour some wine into a glass and he shoots up out of his chair. I can't help but wonder why. We all know Avery loves her wine. I see him whisper in her ear something, she pats his chest and mumbled something that sounds like a don't worry I'm not but I'm too far away to tell.