[ f o r t y s i x ]

f o r t y s i x
y o u  h a v e  m e

SCOTT HELPED AMELIA GET A JOB AT THE ANIMAL CLINIC AFTER INSISTING HER NOT TO MOVE OUT

SCOTT HELPED AMELIA GET A JOB AT THE ANIMAL CLINIC AFTER INSISTING HER NOT TO MOVE OUT. It was hard for him to convince her yet, he succeeded. Now all she needed to do was to talk to Stiles and apologize, for everything.

For being so distant lately, for being afraid of hurting him and just isolating himself, for spending time with Dahlia, not even Amelia herself could believe that even.

She was helping by cleaning out the examination room with Scott while Deaton was working on something when they heard the bell of the door sounding, making Amelia look up from the floor she was cleaning.

"Would you mind seeing who that is?" Deaton asked Amelia and she nodded, but when she was about to go to check, the barks of the doors stopped her and made Scott and Deaton look up too.

Amelia sensed the smell of wet dog that she could recognize anywhere, and as soon as the three peaked out of the room towards the door, her suspicions were true.

Isaac was standing there, looking at the three with those innocent eyes he's always had. He remembered Amelia of the old Isaac, her chemistry partner Isaac. Someone she hadn't seen in a while.

"It's okay, Isaac," Deaton told him before he opened the door that kept the barrier of mountain ash closed. "We're open."

The guy walked in and looked up to Amelia before he gave her a tiny smile.

Amelia approached him slowly before wrapping her arms around his neck, giving him a soft hug that he returned in confusion.

"I'm glad you're okay, Isaac..." she whispered, and she could hear him whimper a bit.

• • •

"Why does it smell like that?" Isaac questioned while Deaton was giving the dog in the table an injection. Scott and Deaton chuckled while Amelia simply watched them. "What?"

"Scott said almost the same thing to me a few months ago, and well, Amelia said it as soon as she walked inside the room, but that was partially Scott's fault."

"This place stinks of wet dog," she commented before hitting softly Scott's arm with a smile.

"One day," Deaton continued, "Scott could somehow tell the difference between which animals were getting better... and which were not."

Isaac looked towards the dog as the silence filled the room. Amelia looked towards the small dog and smiled a bit before caressing it softly.