Chapter 16: Deals

"Darling, be a woman who deals with business and not with drama."

                                                           -Anonymous

You tried to resist the urge to smirk to yourself as Bluebeard's beaten crewmate shakily placed a wooden mug in front of you, his body flinching as you moved your hand to grab the handle. 

His broken nose was a gruesome reminder of what exactly you were capable of. 

You eyed the drink wearily, the golden liquid swirling around in the wooden container. 

Deciding to forego the risk of dysentery, you gently nudged the drink away from you, opting to stare at the older man in front of you instead. 

"You don't drink?" He asked, chugging his own beverage.

You leaned back in your chair, the dim light of the candles lighting your face. 

"Stranger danger." You mused, crossing your arms. "You said you knew about marks...Why don't we talk about that instead of my rate of alcohol consumption?"

His brows jumped as he stared at you from over the rim of his cup, pausing mid gulp to stare at you. 

You watched as he wiped the ale from his face, a few drops getting caught in his black beard as he slammed the cup down onto the table. 

"I quite like you, woman." He laughed, slapping his knee. "You amuse me."

"Oh goodie." You deadpanned. "My name is Y/n. Not woman."

He raised his hands in mock surrender, nodding his head in understanding. 

"Apologies." He said, watching as a waitress refilled his glass. "I am not used to being in the company of women...at least not when their clothes do not come off."

"The marks." You snapped, brow twitching in annoyance. 

He hummed.

"Right." He mumbled, chugging his drink. "From the look of your eyes, I'd say that the mark had already been activated?"

You crossed your legs. 

"You're quite observant." 

Perhaps being sarcastic with a dangerous pirate wasn't the best idea, but you were beginning to grow more aggressive with every passing second.  You didn't appreciate haven't your time wasted. 

He let out a loud laugh at your tone, his eyes closing as he hugged his stomach. 

"Straight to the point then." He smiled. "I like you, Y/n...So, I'll let you in on a secret. That mating mark of yours it isn't as difficult to remove as most would have you believe."

Your ears perked up at that.

Finally. 

"No?" You asked. "I've heard that this mark is the most rare of any siren's mark. That it would be impossible to remove...yet you tell me not only can I get it off, but it isn't difficult to do so?"

He shook his head, leaning forward over the table. 

"I know of a treasure," He lowered his voice. "It would get that pesky mark right off."

You raised an eyebrow. 

"You've caught my interest," You said. "Continue."

"You've heard of the seven true sirens, yes?" He asked, smiling as you nodded your head. "Before the Great Loss, they were quite good friends with the humans."