CHAPTER THREE

+++

I ALSO WANTED TO DISCLAIM THAT MATTHEO IS YASMINE AMAROS. EVERYONE EXCEPT CALANTHA, NICCOLÒ, AND KASSANDRA ARE JK ROWLINGS

+++

T R I G G E R
W A R N I N G

SWEARING, DRINKING

+++

+++

T H R E E

I WOKE up to the sound of Kassandra slamming her trunk shut, scrunching her face as she paused with her hands in the air, looking directly at me as I sat up in my bed. My eyes were heavy as I looked around the room, seeing Kassandra frowning, looking down to her hands where she held a clear bottle of muggle Vodka. I rolled my eyes, twisting in my bed, the satin sheets falling off my legs.

"What the fuck are you doing?" I asked her, my voice stern and demanding. She frowned, pushing out her bottom lip as though she were pouting. I walked to her, snatching the bottle out of her hands and holding it down at my side. "It's," I looked behind me at the floating clock, groaning. "Five in the morning. Don't tell me you're just now getting back with Niccolò."

"I am not just now getting back with Niccolò," she repeated my words, shrugging as she brought her hands over her mouth, small giggles leaving her lips as she tried to suppress her drunken laughter.

She was unbelievable.

"Merlin," I shook my head, walking her to her bed, helping her lay down, pulling the dark green comforter over her. "You need to get sleep, why don't you just stay in bed all day, don't go to class." I brushed a piece of her dark hair off of her face, fixing her head so that she was supported by the pillow. Faint snores left her lips, and I'd realized she'd already fallen asleep.

It was a usual thing, one of us having to take care of the other--although the roles were usually reversed. Sometimes we took turns, one week it would be me parenting her, and the next she would be tucking me into bed, making sure I didn't vomit everywhere in my sleep. We always had each other's backs, no matter what, whether we were mad at each other or not, we were always there whenever the other needed it.

I sighed, walking around her bed and sitting on mine, my green silhouette evident in the mirror, the light from the underwater view of the Black Lake shown through the window. I turned to my side, eyeing the bottle of alcohol, hesitantly picking it up and twisting off the cap, tossing it on the bed beside my thigh. I closed my eyes and shook my head, already knowing I would regret the decision to drink this early on in the morning later, and I brought the metal to my lips, tilting my head back as the cold liquid slid down my throat, a burning sensation forming in my stomach—causing me to scrunch up my face,  bringing a hand to my head.