CHAPTER SIX

CALANTHA, NICCOLÒ, AND KASSANDRA BELONG TO ME. ALL OTHERS UNLESS MENTIONED BELONG TO JK ROWLING. MATTHEO RIDDLE BELONGS TO

+++

T R I G G E R
W A R N I N G

SWEARING, BLOOD

+++

+++

S I X

"SO you're not going to tell me what's going on?" Kassandra sighed, wrapping her long braids into a tight bun on the top of her head, her tan arms grabbed ahold of the top of her bedpost, lifting herself off of the floor as she watched me lay back on her messy bed.

"I'm not going to tell you what's going on," I smiled up at her, shaking my head. She wouldn't rest about last night's events--Mattheo's sticking up for me and how I seemed unbothered by it; though she didn't understand that the reason I wasn't telling her was because I didn't know what was going on myself. She huffed, rolling her dark green eyes, her long lashes hitting the skin just below her perfect eyebrows.

"Fine, but at least tell me you're going to the party tonight?" her hands let go of the wooden banister above her bed, her feet hit the floor and she landed with a small jump; she leaned onto the bed, hovering over my legs as she grinned at me; her face was full of hopefulness, and I couldn't let her down.

"What party?" I sat up on my elbows, letting the weight of my body sink into the satin sheets. It was the first time someone had mentioned anything about a party to me, and while it sparked my interest--going to the party--I knew there would be consequences.

"Merlin, you really don't socialize with anyone do you?" she shook her head, looking at me with saddened eyes. "I've been... preoccupied." I shrugged my shoulders, my mind fluttering back to Mattheo's hands on mine yesterday in the corridor. It was all that I could think about--his sudden change in behavior, my sudden change in how I thought about him, just the way it felt to kiss him--all of it was roaming freely around my head, interrupting the other thoughts.

"It's a Slytherin party, tonight. The younger years will be in bed, Draco scared them into staying in their dorms." she smirked at herself, shaking her head as if she were thinking about something. "Everyone's going to be there, you have to come."

"What if I don't want to come?" I forced myself out of the bed and slumped around the room, ignoring Kassandra's sighs of frustration; I understood that she was beginning to grow annoyed with me, but it wasn't my main focus as of the moment. Sure, a party could be fun, but depending on who was there, it could also mean trouble; trouble that was unnecessary to my life, I had already been unblessed with the disgracefulness of Mattheo and his strangeness, whatever the party had in store for me was not something I wished to concede.