~73~

"You ready?" Cooper asked Brighid sticking his arm. She smiled wrapping one arm around his with the other holding the bouquet of flowers.

The two stepped out from behind the hedges and walked down the aisle. When they met in the middle they split apart and stood on opposite sides. Brooke and Peyton walked down next joining Brighid.

She smiled at Nathan who anxiously waited for Haley to walk down the aisle.

"At least Brighid is a true friend" Brooke muttered to Peyton. Brighid quickly flicked her head at the two signaling for the fighting to stop immediately. As she turned her attention back the music began and everyone rose.

Haley who was being escorted by Lucas walked slowly down the aisle. At the end she hugged Lucas before joining Nate. Brighid smiled.

"Friends, family and loved ones. We gathered here today to witness the renewal of a ceremony. A commitment made by Nathan and Haley to love unconditionally and endlessly. Nathan and Haley, there are many things I could say to the two of you today. Instead I choose to listen, to the words you two have for each other. Haley?" The priest began shifting the attention onto Haley for her renewal vows.

Haley smiled gripping Nathan's hands. "Nathan there has been said that there's one word that will free us all from the weight and pain of life. That word is love and I believe that" Haley exclaimed. As she continued her speech all Brighid could concentrate on was Jake and Jenny who were a row back on Nathan's side.

"Nathan?" The priest intervened. Brighid shifted back to the two at the alter.

"Last year we stood on a beach and I told you how much I love you and how I would always protect you. That day nobody believed we would work but I don't think anybody understood the love I had for you." Nathan spoke out. Brighid behind her could hear Peyton sigh.

"Are you okay?" Brighid whispered. Peyton who looked sad quickly changed her face shaking her head that she was indeed okay.

As the two reconfirmed their love for each other Brighid handed Haley Nathan's ring and Lucas did the same for Nathan. The two slipped each other's rings on and sealed their marriage with a kiss.

The crowd clapped and cheered as the two walked back down the aisle. Brighid and Lucas walked back down the aisle together with Brooke and Peyton accompanying Cooper.
———
Jake and Brighid were mingling with some of the guest that came. As they walked away Brighid sighed a breath of relief.

"I haven't seen half these people in ages" Brighid muttered.

"Did I tell you you look good?" Jake asked his eyebrow was raised and he had smirk on his face.

Brighid smiled squeezing his cheeks and planting a kiss on his lips. She looked over to find Jenny and Cooper talking to the pianist.

"Our daughter is a wingman" Brighid commented watching the girl dote over her. Brighid scanned the room once more to find only her mom.

"Excuse me" Brighid whispered pushing out of the tent flap. She saw her dad staring off into the distance sitting in the same seat from the ceremony.

"Dad?" Brighid called out. Dan jumped out of his seat at the sound of her voice.

"Are you okay?" Brighid asked. Dan looked around before walking towards her.

"Fine" Dan said with a smile walking back into the reception with Brighid. The two walked in to find Rachel finishing up her drunken speech. When Brighid went to mutter something to her father she found him gone.

She headed outside with the rest of the guest to see off Nathan and Haley.

"We are going to London for a few days" Haley rejoiced as they entered the car. Brighid smiled and waved to the two standing next to Lucas.

Once the car disappeared she headed back inside to grab her purse. Lucas was looking for his mom's while Brighid was trying to find her own.

"Damn Brooke for making them all the same" Brighid muttered as she opened up another one to find it wasn't hers.

"You ready?" Karen asked as she walked inside. Lucas with a weird look on his face looked at his mom.

"Are you pregnant?" Lucas asked Karen. Brighid immediately shot up looking at Lucas and the bag.

"It's mine" Brighid muttered slightly embarrassed. She looked between the two before nicely grabbing the bag.

Lucas was holding up a cheap pregnancy test she had bought before the wedding. She had peed on it and slipped it back inside waiting for after to look at the results.

"I am pregnant" Karen revealed making the two look at her now. Silence filled the air until Jake came over.

"I'll be in the car" he announced with Jenny on his hip.

"Please. Don't say anything. I haven't even checked it yet" Brighid whispered. Lucas and Karen shook their heads okay.

"Congratulations" Brighid whispered to Karen giving her a hug before heading off to the car.