❀33❀

"Those with the greatest awareness have the greatest nightmares."

"Where are you taking me?!" Hwara asks, gripping on to the boy's forearm for support

"Calm down. It's a surprise."

Hwara has a blindfold on as Jisung gently guides her through the ever-quiet mansion since all of the members are either living in another base or on a mission. Although he can't see her eyes, he can see her shaking with slight fear, pouting her lips in annoyance. Cute.

"How much longer, Sung?" the girl says, her voice still monotonous but slightly leaning toward the whiny side—an emotion that Jisung catches.

Jisung chuckles, knowing that they're basically there. "Since when do you call me Sung?"

"Since now."

They walk through a dark hallway, which causes Hwara's vision to darken even more. Her grip on Jisung's arm tightens.

"You really are afraid of the dark, huh?"

Hwara nods her head. "I never liked going into pitch-black places on my own. I don't know why, though. I just never knew it was a fear until recently."

Jisung nods his head before removing her blindfold as they come to a stop. Although Hwara's never been up here, she knows exactly what the place is. On the fourth and final floor of the gigantic mansion is a balcony that has the best spot to view the sunset.

Jisung guides Hwara to sit down as the girl stares at the view in front of her, taking in all the colors of sunset above the tree-line. The array of dark purples and pinks to the yellows and bright oranges blend together perfectly. She wishes she could freeze this moment and paint it.

"Are you going to look at me or just stare at the sunset?"

The girl snaps out of her thoughts, faces Jisung, and then notices the cake in front of her with the numbers one and eight as big candles. Right, I'm eighteen now. 

"Happy birthday, Love. Now, make a wish."

Hwara stares at the cake, wondering what she could possibly wish for. As she starts to think, she realizes there's a lot. She settles for one vague thing, though. I wish for more peaceful dreams and safer times for the entire gang. 

Hwara then blows out the candles, puffing out her cheeks before releasing the air, not noticing Jisung taking a picture of the girl and the sunset behind her. He quickly puts away his phone. He doesn't really know if she'll care or not, but he'd rather not risk it.

"Jisung, could you help me with this feeling?"

Jisung nods his head as he puts the cake back in its container. He'd rather not get bugs on it. "Try explaining it to me."