Bubbles

The calm before the storm

Cove's POV
It's been almost been a month since the party, which means Christmas season is coming up! What's even better is that I get to spend the holidays with River for the first time ever.

Before I get to start decorating and go Christmas shopping, we still have to celebrate thanksgiving. I feel like thanksgiving never gets enough love, so I'm trying my best to get into the spirit.

Yesterday I bought a thanksgiving candle, so my plan is to get a pumpkin spice latte and some banana nut bread. Then I'll eat them while lighting the candle.

I don't really like pumpkin spice lattes but I have to have at least one every year or else I feel bad. They're not terrible, just not something I would order on the regular.

I ordered my Starbucks through door dash since I'm still learning how to drive and neither of my parents are home.

The good news is that in 3 weeks, I'm going to take my driver's license test. My mom and dad have been teaching me for a few months now, and I even got 3 professional lessons last week.

My goal is to go into next year with a car that I can legally drive. My aunt is going to give sell me her old car for only $350 once I pass. It's an old dark grey Honda, but I don't care as long as it works.

Then doorbell ringing interrupted my thoughts. I quickly opened it and paid the driver, grabbing my drink and banana nut bread before heading upstairs.

There I lit my candle and set everything up on my desk. My drink doesn't taste as bad as I thought it would, and my banana nut bread is still warm. To top it all off, the candle smells great. This is the true definition of heaven.

It's a few days later and today's thanksgiving. We're going over to my aunt and uncle's house with my grandparents. My family is pretty small but I love it.

After a nice long shower, I changed into a white sweater and a skirt with tights under it. (Outfit on top). I hope that I don't spill anything on my sweater, but knowing me, I probably will.

Before heading downstairs, I decided to call River since I just realized that I don't know his plans for today. His parents are probably not home since he hasn't said anything about it, but he is pretty secretive so I don't know that for sure.

"Hi River," I greeted when he finally picked up.

"Hey baby, are you at your aunt's house yet?" I told him that I'm going to my aunt's house yesterday when we were talking on the phone.

"No not yet, I still have about another hour until I leave. You never told me what you're going to do today."

"Oh, I didn't think you'd be interested. Well, Azalea and I are planning on going over to a family friend's house for a while. Then we might catch a movie or go get ice cream."

"You're getting ice cream without me! And of course I want to know your plans, I always do I just forgot to ask Yesterday."

"Oh, I guess I'm not really used to people actually caring. And don't worry, if we get ice cream I'll make sure to save you some. We're still going shopping tomorrow, right?"

River and I decided to go Black Friday shopping together. We've never been shopping together before, so this is the perfect opportunity.

After a while of just talking, my parents told me that it's time to go.

"I have to go, talk to you later?"