4: Friendly Meetings

Perseus cursed himself inwardly, as he finished dealing with the laziest Olympian.
Dionysius and him have this weird bond, they hate each other but somehow they can tolerate their own respective shenanigans. However Dionysius is too daddy's boy, and Perseus hates it because the cherub god can be nosy at times. Though Percy can't really blame the wine god, since the said god follow his father's orders to shorten his punishment, which is well deserved on Percy's opinion.

Percy try to reassure himself that Dionysus will not tell his dramatic of father, about Perseus latest slip in front of the demigod's, whose staring at him intently at this moment. The demigod's look at him with recognition, he is so sure that they're starting to realize that he is the legend on their camp fire stories and folk songs. He schooled his expression in to passive and blank, trying to hide his annoyance on the attention his harboring.

All he wanted is to check his own son, chat with some of his friend's and talk to a certain blonde girl. He survey the Arena for any friendly presence, and Alas! the prior praetor Jason is teaching some children and it look's like the immortal demigod prefers to be in a different place, than to train some over confident Ares campers, and some Kratos and Heracles spawn's. He chuckle to himself, seeing the frustrated frown of his friend as the demigod teaches the younger one's to sword fight.

"Jason" Perseus greeted warmly, as he approached the gaping son of Jupiter, the immortal demigod of king of god's, open his mouth trying to greeted back to his friend, but unfortunately all he did is to look like gasping fish.

Jason walk's towards the now god 'son of Poseidon, smiling widely which shows the the perfect blinding smile that shuns the small scar on his lips. "Woah! Perce? Welcome back!" He greeted happily, "It look's like my father finally found some sense"

The sky grumbled by the statement of the spawn of sky, which made both men chuckle in amusement. "I've expect better from a roman" Perseus joked lightheartedly, earning a bellowing laugh from the son of Jupiter.

"I can be insolent at times, Perce" Jason shrugged, "Anyway, What brings you here?" He added, glancing warily at the former demigod. Also praying that this is not for petty quests or any retrieval of godly item.

"Peace my friend..... I love that line!" Perseus said as he frown on his choice of words. "Whaaa! I felt old due to my force residence in Olympus, dammit!" He added, which earn a questioning glance from his friend.

"Well... We're like on our forty's right?" Jason asked casually, "So yep we're older than we look like" He added, before raising his eyebrow on his former demigod friend.

"Yes- Yes I forgot, I'm here to have a chit chat with you and our friends" Perseus said awkwardly, intentionally avoiding the scrutinizing look his friend is giving him.

"Or you mean with talk to a certain blonde girl" Jason said knowingly, but his teasing only earns him a frown from the god. "Annabeth and I end it eight years ago" The god answered weakly, frowning by the memory.

"Sorry about that" Jason consoled genuinely, "No need, We're an Immortal it's bound to happen" Perseus answered cryptically, as he wave a shoo motion on the young campers.

"What do you mean?" Jason ask worriedly, as they start walking towards the small city for veteran demigod's. "Jason, You might not believe me but Heracles prophesied that wise girl and I will not last" Perseus answered weakly, occasionally giving some weak glares towards the nosy campers.

"Your kidding right?" Jason ask incredulously, bellowing a slightly hysterical laugh. "No, Heracles is also god of Oracles, though weak to almost non existent. Still he can peak in to future for a tiny bit"
The god of time answered.

"You and Heracles, friendly to each other?" The blonde demigod ask disbelievingly, "What? We're acquaintance and we always try to tolerate each other, besides there's only few former demigods up there" Percy explained exasperatedly.

"You can't blame me for doubting Heracles abilities to earn a friend, that guy is a douche during giant wars" Jason shrugged, ignoring the amused look from the god of time.

"His not very good at first impressions, and you can't blame the guy for being so grumpy. Centuries of guarding the ancient lands of gods can be taxing on someone's mental health, especially with peacock queen gloating about Heracles hardships and all" Percy defended lightly, as he remember Hercule's labors and crazy hardships, in order to achieve the so called cleanliness the ancient king deemed worth it.

"How about I collect our friend, then we meet at Annabeth's?" Jason questioned, to avoid Percy's sympathetic grumbling about his douche of a brother, since he's still annoyed by Hercule's crazy request during giant wars

"Sounds good to me" Percy answered, as they parted ways.

After like twenty years of waiting for Jason, the said blonde arrive with his girlfriend Piper and Leo & Calypso. Perseus slightly frowned by the lack of Hazel, Frank and many more.

"Percy!" Calypso greeted happily, as he succumb the god with warm hug. "Ahem, Calypso my girlfriend" Leo said, earning a sheepish grimace from the god.

"Leo!" Calypso shouted, slightly scandalised by the implication of Leo's word. "Haha! Gotcha, I'm kidding! You can like eat each others faces" Leo joked, which earn him alarmed looks. "Kidding again! Damn this old hag's is too serious. Seriously can I take a break from Jason and Perce brooding looks?" Leo added.

"Well you all look good, and same" Percy complimented awkwardly, "Partial Immortal remember, thankfully Leo decided to accept the offer when he look old enough to ride roller coaster" Piper joked, earning a puppy betrayed look from the impish Latino.

"Ouch, You hurt me beauty queen" Leo said dramatically, as he point to his chest which made the grease from his hands, transfer to his clothes.

"Suck it up Leo" Piper replied playfully, before turning her face to Perseus. "It's been five years, care to explain you abrupt disappearance?" She questioned.

"How about we go to my- Annabeth's house? So we can catch up properly?" Percy ask, slightly begging actually.

"I agree! Also I want some food!!" Leo exclaimed, making her girlfriend groaned by exasperation.
_______________________________________________

A little fluff, before everything went to shit.