IV

Fʟᴏᴡᴇʀ ᴏғ ᴛʜᴇ sᴏᴜʟ

Aether was shocked by the look M/n gave him, it was utter confusion and luckily for them both, Ripely happened to hear what was said then explained to Aether that M/n has amnesia and hasn't the slightest idea of what he was talking about

"Sir Aether, do you perhaps mean the Flower of the soul?"

"Yes! Paimon thinks that's what Aether is speaking about!"

"Flower of the soul...Hmm, is it something I can do? I mean, I'm still not used to using my power. There's a possibility that I can't help you but I'm willing to try."Ripely swallows briskly, he didn't want to shoot this idea down but he didn't want anything bad to happen either. However, he gave in and brought in a flower pot full of the soil from the garden.
"Alright, if anything feels strange don't force it."

"Right! Here goes..."M/n inhales then exhales as his hands glow a light green and a light sweet smell scent flows throughout the room. It put them all at ease, something was happening but as M/n grew the flower his head begins to throb harshly, something flashes in his mind causing him to flinch back and yet he foolishly fights through.
"Ngh..."

"Your majesty?"The throbbing gets worse as the flower attempts to bloom, M/n starts to experience waves of nausea, and his vision blurs. Then a voice whispers into his ear...
"That's it~ if you grow the flower, you'll be able to bring him back."

"Brother.... I'll be able to see him again..?"
M/n's eyes widened as he snatches his hand back and placed them over his mouth then hunches over; trying to control his nausea.
"Your majesty, What happened?!"

"I...I tried this before...I.."Ripley knew what M/n was talking about, he drops down to his knees in front of M/n and tried to soothe him.
"Shhhh, calm down, you're okay..."

"What's going on?"

"I...I don't think it's a good idea to grow it. However, I believe a friend of mine could find it in the forest."M/n said sitting up to look at Aether all the while removing his hands from his mouth.
The flashback that M/n encountered gave him a bit of insight into how he went mad.
So he was trying to bring back his brother...But it seems like this flower isn't supposed to be used for selfish deeds...
"Paimon didn't know that flower could grow in the wilderness!! This is the first time Paimon has heard of that!"

"I-I guess Diluc didn't know that either."

"Is he the one you need the flower for?"M/n asked after immediately queuing onto the name that Ikki said around him on multiple occasions. Aether explains that Diluc is in a strange astral projection state.
"His soul was damaged? How did that happen?"

"He went on a mission with another companion of ours and when they returned he was being carried while a ghostly form of himself floated nearby. He can't stray away from his body for too long and we're not sure if he'll live."

"Then we should head to the Spirit you landed on."M/n said poking fun at Aether and Paimon, Aether bashfully rubs his arm while Paimon continues to munch on the cookies the maid brought.
"Will the Spirit Val help us? Even though we landed on them?"

"Val is not one to hold grudges, so yes they'll help you. It's just... There's a person on the inside of that forest that I am not ready to meet in fear that I've wrong them in the past. However, now isn't the time to worry about myself. Your friend needs help, that's more important right now."

✦•┈┈┈๑⋅⋯❁⋯⋅๑┈┈┈•✦

Aether now trust you!

✦•┈┈┈๑⋅⋯❁⋯⋅๑┈┈┈•✦

M/n looked on in awe at the text box that shoved itself into his face. When looking past it, M/n knew that he was the only one to see if.

·͙⁺˚*•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙*˚⁺‧͙⁺˚*•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙*˚⁺‧͙⁺˚*•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙*˚⁺‧͙

M/n could and would have jumped for joy, he was able to gain affection points from the main characters! He didn't even know that was possible but hell if it meant keeping him alive to find his way to the real world then he'd do what needs to be done!

Anyway, the four were currently venturing into the forest as M/n took the lead. Since his body knew where to go, he allowed his feet to guide him until there was a clearing. In the clearing was a large cherry blossom tree that was surrounded by a pond thriving with life, including a cloaked elven man and Val.
"Greetings your majesty."

"Ah, hello uhh...Sorry, I haven't the slightest idea of your name..."

"I could tell your majesty, allow me to reintroduce myself, I am Epel keeper of the forest and an old friend."