‎ ‎ ‎ ‎𝙟𝙖𝙘𝙠𝙗𝙤𝙭

request: n/a suck it losers im ignoring all my requests
summary: alex quackity invites y/n to play jackbox and then karl spends the night :)
pronouns: any
platonic/romantic: most likely romantic but can be interpreted as platonic if you try really hard 🤩
trigger warning: swearing, hate in the twitch chat that can be skipped since its not plot relevant
also mentions: food
wordcount - 4176

Frigid, crisp air surrounded me as I stepped up the bus stairs from the sidewalk, greeting the driver promptly and reserving a seat for myself. The cold temperatures and overall damp feeling in the air made it difficult to really walk anywhere without getting frozen completely and getting frostbite... or something like that. A lack of owning a car made it worse, this being the only way to get to the one-bedroom apartment that I currently resided in.

But that was ridiculous, I thought, seeing that people had to walk miles to get home in this awful weather. At least, I think; people always assume there's someone doing worse than them. It was depressing even having the thought of their point of view in my head.

The bus driver started along the route, windshield wipers making a small dragging noise every time they traveled across the window. Occasionally an item or person would shuffle around somewhere on the bus, but there wasn't a lot of chatter. Just people coming home from their shifts; same as me. People who were bundled up in thick jackets and expensive boots, trying to survive the cold in a stylish way.

I pull out my phone, seeing as there was nothing else to do as the bus travels to it's stop. It's screen may as well be an ice cube compared to the temperatures of my thin fingers. I check Instagram first, then Snapchat, then Twitter; nothing really new going on. I knew Alex was going to be streaming tonight, so I sent him a quick hello over text, with a smile to be overly nice.

Alex had been my friend since grade school when I had forgotten a lunch on the first day. If a small child thought it was appropriate to cuss, I would've definitely been doing so when I found out the glitter-covered backpack I had made my mom spend fourty dollars for empty. He walked up to me, seeing myself sitting alone without a lunch, and offered me a turkey sandwich. I said no, seeing that he didn't have anything else.

"You can have my sandwich, it's fine!" He said, with the biggest grin on his face that I had seen to that day. The beanie on his head shifted slightly as he moved stray pieces of hair under it.

"But that's your sandwich." I said, looking up at him from where I was sitting, head against my rested arm.

"I know. but I want you to have it!" He replied instantly.

Taking the sandwich from his outstretched hand and eating it, I instantly felt relieved as the tastebuds in my mouth sensed the simple concoction. I hadn't really taken into consideration how hungry I was, it only took me a few minutes to finish it.

He sat down next to me, bringing his rather skinny legs to his chest, wrapping his arms around them. I stuffed the last bit of sandwich into my mouth, satisfied with my choice, before shifting to look at him. "That was an amazing sandwich."

"My mom made it. I don't like mayonnaise, though."

"I'm Y/N, by the way." I say, giving him a smile to show interest. I rub my hands together to remove crumbs off of them for ants to eat.

"I'm Alex," he replies, examining my posture and my belongings. "I like your backpack."

"Thanks," I say, moving it from the right side of my legs to the left to show him. "I picked it out myself. Where's your backpack?"

"Oh, hm." He outstretches his legs away from his t-shirt and looks around, seeming to be wondering the same thing. "I lost it."

"We have to look for it!" I say, standing up and throwing my empty but stylish backpack behind my shoulders. I offer a hand to help him up as well.