41

center stage

center stage

ATHENA SCRUNCHED HER FACE UP IN DISGUST AS SHE LOOKED AROUND ELENA'S KITCHEN. She couldn't say she was listening to the conversation at hand, more so letting Stefan and Damon recall their visit with Katherine.

She'd already had enough of the eldest doppelgänger, she didn't have the patience for the other one, but the brothers insisted she accompany them almost everywhere now that the threat of Klaus was oncoming.

She hadn't gotten the chance to tell Stefan or Damon about her rapidly developing powers, or her odd conversation about fate with Artemis. She had more questions, endless questions really, but it seemed the more she questioned all of this fate nonsense, the more her father, Artemis, and Josh all clammed up. She hated to even think it because of the possible repercussions it could have should she be anywhere near right about her suspicions, but she didn't trust them.

She didn't really think she trusted anyone right now, but she couldn't think about it right now, because otherwise she'd snap. She didn't know how to voice any of this without sounding paranoid and ridiculous, though.

"You don't believe her, do you?"

Damon scrunches his face up in disgust. "No, of course not. We just want the moonstone."

"According to Rose's friend Slater, there's a way to destroy the spell that Klaus wants to break," Stefan clears his throat, leaning against the countertop.

"No spell, no doppelgänger sacrifice," Athena sighs, smiling sarcastically. "Ergo, you live and we're all worse off for it."

Elena shakes Athena off, looking back at the brothers. "How do you destroy it?"

"By releasing it from the moonstone,"

Elena sighs, dropping her arms at her side. "How do you guys even know this is gonna work?"

"Wow," Athena breathes out, looking at Stefan and Damon in a way that makes them both roll their eyes. "You know how stupid you must feel when I agree with Elena? I mean, don't get me wrong, I have every bit of faith in Bonnie's powers,"

"Wait, you discussed it with Bonnie?"

Stefan nods. "She agreed to do anything she could to help us out."

"It's Katherine who has the moonstone, she's not going to give it to any of you," Elena looks at the three of them, shrugging her shoulders.

"We will get it from her,"

Damon shrugs a shoulder. "What Stefan means to say is that we will pry it from her cold, dead hand if we have to,"

"All Bonnie has to do is find a way to lift the seal long enough for us to get the moonstone and get out in time for her to put it back,"