◇54◇

🥀 Chapter 54 🥀

🥀 Chapter 54 🥀

BLYKE GRABBED THE lid of his laptop and closed it, heaving a sigh while he was at it. He flopped over on his chair, completely out of it. It wasn't strange for him to spend his free period researching in the school library nowadays. What the hell is wrong with me? I can't believe I'm actually researching potential targets... He wanted to get stronger, but was this really the way? So many things could go wrong. He could get seriously injured or even lose his life trying to be a superhero.

While he was lost in his conflicting thoughts, someone tapped his shoulder.

"Huh—?"

Blyke turned around and saw no one there. Is someone trying to prank me? His eye twitched, and he turned back forward in annoyance.

"Peek-a-boo!"

"Gah-!!"

The redhead fell over his chair due to his excessive flinch. Y/N stood over him with a cheeky peace sign and shit-eating grin. "Did I get ya?"

Holding his racing heart, he replied out of breath, "Don't do that Y/N! I almost got a heart attack.."

"My bad." She laughed, pulling up a chair right next to him. "What're you doing? You seemed pretty focused a bit ago."

"I'm just researching potential—" He slapped his hand over his mouth.

"Potential what now?" She bat her eyes innocently.

If it's Y/N, it should be fine right..?

Gulping, he continued, "Potential targets. I'm trying to train myself.." Hesitantly, he opened up his laptop and gestured. "This guy's name is Lance." Lance was a 38-year old man with a reported ability level of 3.2. His ability was called "Tremor."He was last seen in Newside and wanted for vandalism and destruction of public property.

"You plan to fight him alone?" Y/N creased her eyebrows in worry. "Isn't that too much for a high school student? I'm worried. What if that EMBER association has it out for you?"

"I know it's dangerous.." Blyke clenched his fist tightly. "..But I want to do this." A warm sensation enloped his fingers. It was Y/N's hands.

"I won't let you do this alone. Let me come with you."

Blyke didn't know how to react. The more he interacted with Y/N, the more he lose his composure. "S..sure! Let's meet at the station at Newside at midnight. I'll be there.."