Chapter 1 : Transmigration

<Tomorrow> was another fantasy/sci-fi/thriller 3D masterpiece game of Qinglang Internet Entertainment. With its top technical team, magnificent and realistic world settings, it swept the online game world in an instant.

At the start of the game, players could choose a basic identity, such as students, white-collar workers, athletes, and so on. The basic attributes of different professions were various, but whoever you were, after entering the game, you would appear in an ordinary residential building to complete the novice task of killing two zombies that broke into your home. Then you would work with your NPC neighbors to get to the real “novice village” — a large shopping mall that was used as a temporary stronghold. There, you would realize that you had awakened an ability that was randomly assigned to you. It could be upgraded under the same conditions as the settings in many novels — by acquiring and absorbing the nucleus of high-level zombies.

But this was an online game, everyone knew that the purpose of this sort of free game was to earn money from the rich and spend the leisure time of idlers. As long as you have enough money, you could just open the Item Store and having two full-level mutation abilities instantly was no longer a dream — of course, considering the possibility of ability upgrade and its chances of a failure, most people still could not afford this expense.

Zhang Zhiyin was an ordinary player of <Tomorrow> who had some money and some leisure time. He had little hope in curing his middle school grade two illness — he had a hopeless boss complex. He was clearly a good young man who helped grandmothers cross the street and gave up his seat on the bus. However, in the world of fiction, manga, novel, he would always like the villain boss so much.

All of the NPCs in the game <Tomorrow> were not drawn out but carefully calculated.

They had a set of NPC generating program, as long as a set of random numbers were inputted, the corresponding NPC image would be generated. Because of the huge NPC base needed in <Tomorrow>’s world settings, it not only saved the game illustrators’ time, it also guaranteed the diversity and authenticity of the game to the greatest extent.

But when creating the boss, they typed in a set of perfect numbers rather than some random numerical.

<Tomorrow> ‘s boss was called Dr. Y. He was not only the so-called “Father of the Zombies”, the culprit that caused the end of the world, he was also the one who had awaken all abilities and evolved to the top through his own technical means after the end of the world. He was nicknamed “The man standing at the top of the end of the food chain” by the players.

At that time, the technical team had written a post on the game forum. According to data analysis, the only way to successfully kill Dr. Y was to have at least 50 players with seamless coordination of ability level and role to work together without error. Later, it was added that the equipment of these people had to be top-notch. Then someone added that XXXX qualifications were needed… Anyway, the update of <Tomorrow>’s game plot was still far from overthrowing the big Boss, so none of these could be verified.

In the current game’s timeline, there was only one place that allowed players to see Dr. Y; the main plot instance dungeon, “Abandoned Laboratory” at Tianshui City. Players and teammates would have to go there to help an old professor obtain important information. After clearing the instance, players could see the sudden appearance of Dr. Y. In the game scenario at this time, the player and his friends did not know the identity of Dr. Y and would chat with him according to the task requirements. Dr. Y would only silently glance at them before the players could take the “important information” and left the place to complete the task. So this task was nicknamed “I came to do the task, met the boss releasing his coolness”.