Chapter 1

Notes: please let me know if you guys enjoy this book by commenting or voting.
_________________________________________

Asami woke to warm lips on her neck and a gentle hand caressing her side. She sighed, lashes fluttering, but kept her eyes closed. She wanted to savor this: relaxing in bed, with her mate's arm draped around her waist, lying amidst tangled sheets that smelled like them both.

"Good morning," Korra murmured, brushing Asami's hair aside to place a kiss under her ear. Asami opened her eyes then, because doing so meant she got to see Korra's face—one of her three favorite views in the morning, as well as any other time of day.

"Good morning to you, too."

Korra beamed. She leaned forward, and Asami tipped her chin for a kiss, moaning as their lips met. It was sweet, how gentle Korra was with her in the mornings, as though the alpha almost believed she would wake alone, and was pleased to find she hadn't. Asami could relate. She'd spent her share of mornings alone, wishing things were different.

Not anymore.

Reluctantly, she drew back before the kiss could become too heated. Things were quiet, suspiciously so. Getting deeply involved with one another was asking for trouble. Korra whimpered and tried to chase her lips, but Asami caressed her face to keep her at bay. "Have you checked on the pups?"

"Not yet, but I haven't heard a peep."

That only made Asami more suspicious, but she didn't see any sign that Hiroshi was awake in his crib, and didn't hear any sounds that implied Yasuko had snuck out of her room. Naga snoozed at the foot of the master bed, snoring softly. From the slant of the morning sun shining through the window, it was time for everyone to wake up, but maybe they'd been granted a rare reprieve?

Undeterred, Korra leaned in again. As they kissed, Asami let her morning grogginess transition into a different kind of haze. Warmth gathered in her lower belly. She slung a leg over Korra's hip, shifting forward until their breasts brushed.

"Love you," Korra mumbled, tugging softly at Asami's bottom lip.

"Love you too."

Korra's tongue tried to push deeper, and Asami allowed it, not caring about the taste of morning in her mouth. Her mate's hands, which had roamed lower to squeeze her rear and hitch her pelvis closer, were far too distracting. Korra's slow descent from her lips was even more distracting. Asami soon found herself flat on her back, although she didn't release the hook of her knee from Korra's waist. She dug her heel into the small of Korra's back as a warm mouth suckled her neck, lingering on her mating mark before skimming along her collarbone.

"You'll have to be quick," Asami whispered, running her fingers through Korra's messy hair. "They won't stay asleep long."

"Mmf."

Korra switched to the other side of her neck, trailing kisses there before moving down her chest.

Asami spread her thighs, gasping as Korra's muscular stomach pressed between her legs. It was the perfect surface to grind against, warm and firm, and she was already wet...

"Mama? Mom?"

Korra released Asami's nipple, burying her face in the pillow of her breasts and moaning with disappointment. "Tell me I didn't just hear that."

A soft whuff from the foot of the bed confirmed it. Naga lifted her head and gazed at Yasuko's door with baleful black eyes, her tail thumping gently on the floor.

"You did." Asami rolled out from beneath Korra's comforting weight, pulling the sheets under her arms. "Get ready. Here she comes."

Korra's face brightened. Her annoyance was instantly forgotten, and her smile shone brighter than the sun as she scrambled out of bed and threw on some underwear from a pile of discarded clothes. Naga wagged harder, climbing to her feet and trailing after Korra, pushing aside the rest of the clothes with her big, fuzzy paws.