Chapter 8: Fireworks

Zhang Zhiyin followed the army all the way to Base No. 1 in Mulin City.

Mulin City could be regarded as the first main city in <Tomorrow>. By the middle and later stages of the game, the Cloud Sky Alliance forces belonging to the players and the Justice Force NPC would grow stronger, and the justice forces devoted to human renaissances, such as Base No. 1, would unite under the banner of the Cloud Sky Alliance to fight the evil organization where Dr. Y was located.

However, the plot was still early from the establishment of the Cloud Sky Alliance. The main task of Base No. 1 was just to appease panicked people and try to make more people survive.

Zhang Zhiyin was tired and fell asleep by the time all the troops in Lihua Shopping Mall and the “individual travelers” who survived with them had undergone security checks and settled down.

Maybe it was due to him experiencing an important plot, this time his stay in the world took a relatively short time.

Zhang Zhiyin was woken up by the alarm clock. When he sat at his desk, he realized that he had come back to reality.

He forgot to say good morning to boss.

When he got home from work and finished the rest of his work, Zhang Zhiyin went in the game while opening the official website of the game.

Previously, he only paid attention to Dr. Y. He didn’t care much about the background stories of other characters, but after experiencing that “dream”, he began to wonder about the stories behind Yu Huo in the early days of the apocalypse. When he fled the city, he watched the people in the car throw Yu Huo out as bait to keep their lives. What kind of experience made him turn to Dr. Y? That he became the aggressive boss in the later stage?

He opened the introduction of the characters, only to see this was written in the column of Yu Huo——

Y?

Zhang Zhiyin was stunned for a moment. If what he saw was the so-called “cause” of his blackening, then it meant… Y might have been very close to him at that time…

Unfortunately, he didn’t meet him.

Strangely, Zhang Zhiyin did not feel much regret. On the contrary, it was accompanied by a slightly unrealistic dreamlike feeling that he really coexisted with Y in a world and had the chance to be close to him.

After entering the game, Zhang Zhiyin bought a gift for Boss as usual. This time it was a firework.

Such was the exotic world of keyboard and online games. Clearly, it was an indoor scene but fireworks could still be set off in it.

The abandoned laboratory environment was set to be dark. Zhang Zhiyin sat quietly at Y’s feet, opened the package and lit props and fireworks one after another.

The room was full of splendor.

“Do you like it? If you like it, I’ll put more for you next time.” Zhang Zhiyin typed.

Then he commanded the little man to stand up, close his eyes, and gently gave Boss a hug.

Zhang Zhiyin looked at the little man with the word “Zhiyin” on his head and quietly embraced the virtual character half a head taller than himself. He smiled and struck out the remaining words——