Chapter 9: Treasure

After several missions, the team members could coordinate well with one another. It’s just that Zhang Zhiyin had no opportunity to practice his ice ability, as the three nuclei he obtained through the missions being was used to upgrade the precision mutation in order to cover it up from outsiders’ eyes and ears. Now that his precision ability was at Level 1, and his ice ability was still at the primary level. His ice balls could only be melted into water for consumption. It had no actual attack power.

About ten days later, they were given another mission. There was a riot of zombies in the southwestern part of the base, and they needed to find out the cause.

Several people boarded a special patrol car and drove to their destination. As the site of the incident was relatively close to the base, it was often cleaned up, so there weren’t many zombies there. However, occasionally, there would be encounters with some zombies that were very manic, like they were injected with chicken blood as they rushed at them. Their strength and speed would often be greatly improved more than usual.

Zhang Zhiyin and Li Shuifeng handled left and right respectively, They were responsible for searching abnormal conditions along the way.

Zhang Zhiyin suddenly remembered that he had also done an important branch task in the vicinity of the game. The task publisher was one of the people in charge of the West District of Base No. 1 at that time. The main idea of the task was that his elder brother was a small team leader in the early stages of the apocalypse and in one mission, they lost their whole team and unfortunately, his brother died. For so many years, he found difficulties in letting go of this knot in his heart, hoping that the player could help him to look for clues of that year at the accident site.

Zhang Zhiyin remembered that the last clue of the task was not found. He only found a unique metal hawk necklace and took it back with him. The person in charge was very excited to say that it was his brother’s personal necklace and gave a lot of rewards to the players.

Thinking until here, Zhang Zhiyin casually looked to the left and glanced at the scene reflected in the rearview mirror – sitting in the co-pilot’s seat, captain uncle smartly unfastened the two buttons near the neckline, revealing knots of muscles and a unique, hawk-shaped metal necklace on his chest.

Zhang Zhiyin: “…”

Captain… To the southwest of the base to do the task… The whole team vanished… Hawk necklace… Wouldn’t it be so coincidental?

“Captain,” Zhang Zhiyin looked at the uncle, “I don’t think the situation is right. Shall we go back today and come back when we have enough equipment with other teams as a backup?”

Uncle captain hesitated. As someone who experienced the severe hardship of many large and small tasks and a Level 3 ability user, he could also sense a hint of danger, but he could not tell the source of this feeling, and it was not good to go back without anything.

“Let’s assess the situation more first.”

As soon as the uncle captain uttered his words, he no longer waited for Zhang Zhiyin to continue but listened to Li Shuifeng saying, “Look, that’s probably what we’re looking for.”

Only to see a plant as tall as half a human with a light blue fruit as big as a fist on it. All the zombies were ten meters away from the plant and did not dare to approach it.