Chapter 14: Naming

<Tomorrow>’s Item Store had a weekly lottery draw. As long as the customer’s weekly consumption quota reached 100 yuan in the store, the customer would be able to participate in the draw. Naturally, Zhang Zhiyin’s consumption for this week had exceeded 100 yuan.

He had just disposed of the three salamanders’ corpses. He was refining primary pills with the small fancy stove.

Zhang Zhiyin was idle so he simply opened the store’s lottery.

He had participated in this lottery in the game before. He knew that although the game’s official publicity said that there was a chance to draw the high-grade magical pet, equipment, abilities and skill books, the vast majority of people drew things such as small items and medicines.

This time he also did not strike any luck. He drew an elementary beast trapping clamp.

The game of <Tomorrow> had a pet system, and the way to catch pets was amazing—

There were five levels of pet trapping props, [Elementary Trap], [Intermediate Trap], [Advanced trap], [Super trap] and [Divine trap]. The difference was that it could capture different levels of pets. Zombies and monsters could not be captured as pets. Some high-level pets not only have a strong fighting ability, but they could also activate riding skills to become a mount. Even if the race of the pet was in defiance of the natural order, they could still turn into eye-catching flying pets. However, elementary traps could only catch pets like elementary mutant rabbits.

The use of pet trapping items was very simple. Players only needed to use the item somewhere and do nothing else. Within five minutes, they could receive the prompt of “catching success” or “catching failure”. They could also see what pets they have caught. Basically, the pets they caught were dependent on where the player’s location was at.

If a trap was used in the Valley of the Extinct Dragon, it would generally capture monsters from the Valley of the Extinct Dragon. Zhang Zhiyin understood that this elementary trap could not be successful in capturing in such a high-level monstrous area, and he held little hope too. He took the clamp to his hand and studied it for half a day— He was not in the game, using the clamp was not as simple as clicking the right button.

As a result, he didn’t know what he touched, the clamp suddenly whistled and flew out of his hand.

Flew out…

Zhang Zhiyin gawked as the beast trapping clamp flew out of the cave. He thought that it was indeed a product of the Item Store; it was not ordinary.

Five minutes later, the clamp came back bravely with a kitten in it.

Although it was a “clamp”, it seemed that the kitten was not in pain, as if it was being picked up and carried away by a mother cat. Its big wide eyes looked around everywhere excitedly and restlessly, and it kept on calling out. It should be very young because it didn’t even know how to purr like a cat, it could only dully emit some kind of ‘aowuaowu’ kitten-like sound.

The elementary beast trapping clamp put the kitten on Zhang Zhiyin’s leg, wobbled, and disappeared as if it had done meritorious service. The kitten left behind stood on Zhang Zhiyin’s leg with its thin and short legs. It walked restlessly and continued to whine. Not long later, it went crawling towards Zhang Zhiyin’s clothes, “I love Dr. Y for 10,000 years”.