Chapter 17: Returning the Cat

The mutant goat boss grazed on the northern slopes every afternoon.

Zhang Zhiyin had long checked out the area and was lying in ambush. The kitten nested in his T-shirt and was rubbing around, but it was very obedient and did not make any sound.

Zhang Zhiyin touched the soft hairs on its back neck to soothe it.

The goat boss appeared as usual. It ate with care but it was also very alert. There seemed to be a layer of blue frost on its two tall erected horns—that was the manifestation of its ability.

Taking advantage when it was off guard, Zhang Zhiyin secretly gathered up his power. His eyes narrowed and a half-meter-long icicle shot out of his hand and went straight to the goat’s abdomen.

The goat boss was alert to danger, and a cold gust poured out of his nose, naturally giving birth to a layer of ice shield in his abdomen. The shield and the icicle collided and both of them broke apart at the same time, but in the next second, the crushed ice suddenly re-condensed, forming a smaller but harder icicle that went straight into the goat’s unprotected soft abdomen.

This was Zhang Zhiyin’s latest awakened skills—ice control, he could manipulate ice.

When the goat boss was injured, he immediately became manic. He gave a long angry cry. The temperature around him suddenly dropped, and there seemed to be a layer of white frost on the dark green grass. Zhang Zhiyin also felt his movements getting slower and the speed of his ice ball coagulation had slowed down.

He frowned and took out a medicine that could eliminate negative effects and drank it. A burst of warmth covered him before he felt much better.

This little movement alarmed the goat boss.

Its ears moved, and those flashing eyes, shining with a magical blue light instantly looked at Zhang Zhiyin.

Suddenly, its two cold iron hooves were high above Zhang Zhiyin’s head. He was about to be stepped by it in a blink of an eye.

Zhang Zhiyin rushed to send out an ice ball in time to win himself a moment of time to escape.

But that was not enough. He underestimated the speed of the goat boss.

Both of them were ice elementals and they were also long-range attackers. The goat boss speed was much faster than Zhang Zhiyin. As a boss, Zhang Zhiyin’s attack damage was not comparable to it. The most frightening thing was that he was now in reality, the fight against the boss was not in the viewpoint of an omnipotent perspective where he was able to oversee the overall situation and manipulate the character, but a face to face fight with his life and death on the table. And all these monsters were not data composition but they were all real, with unpredictable intuition and reaction that Zhang Zhiyin could not match.

Zhang Zhiyin was only able to circumnavigate the goat boss because he had been taking the medicine that could heal his HP. His strength had fallen so fast that he didn’t want to kill the goat boss anymore. He hoped he could run back to the safety zone smoothly.

He turned around to shoot three icicles. One hit and two missed. But at this moment, the speed of the goat boss doubled and it sprinted. Two sharp horns flashing blue, and a cold light went straight to Zhang Zhiyin’s chest!