88

Before you read, I want to remind you that the story does not follow the storyline of the original Harry Potter books/stories, meaning that there will be no war and Fred won't die.

Though other things will happen soon.

-

"I've missed this." Callie said with a smile as we sat in the living room of Seth and his girlfriend Violet's flat. "How long has it been? Six months? Eight?"

"Nine." Melba said, lifting the bottle of fire whisky to her lips, taking a large step before she passed it to Seth. "Nine long months without seeing each other. You all have your partners but I— I'm fucking single."

"You're always single, Mel." I joked with a laugh rolling off my lips. "Not everyone is lucky enough to be in a relationship."

Melba went to punch me in the stomach, but I shrieked and grabbed her wrist.

"Not in the stomach!"

She furrowed her eyebrows at me but then rolled her eyes and scoffed.

"You've gotten soft."

I've gotten pregnant.

The bottle reached Nate, and he took one large sip before handing it to Callie who sat between his legs.

"Hey, how's it going in Romania?" Seth asked them while Callie took a sip and passed on the bottle to me. I simply shook my head before I continued to pass it back to Melba. She frowned at me, keeping her eyes on me with a curious, yet confused look.

"It's going well, actually!" Callie said. "Working with Charlie is a lot of fun and then at night I get to go home to this handsome guy."

She reached up to grab Nate's jaw before she leaned her head back to kiss him under the chin.

"It's actually kinda difficult to work as a Genealogist in another country." Nate explained. "I'm trying to learn their language. Charlie's been teaching Cal and she's trying to each me."

"He's horrible at it." Callie laughed, shaking her head. "You should hear him. It sounds like he's choking on a banana or something."

"Can we talk about something else here?" Melba asked and held up a hand, earning everyone's attention, though her eyes stayed on me. "Jules, babe. You haven't touched the whisky."

I shrugged, leaning back on my hands. My mind was going over my secret and all the details about it, while I kept my eyes to Melba. I was a shit liar, but Fred didn't even know yet and I wanted him to know first.

"I'm just not thirsty."

"You don't need to be thirsty to get drunk." Melba said. "And Julie Pegas never says no to getting drunk."

"Melba." I sighed. "Alright, I don't drink anymore. I realised it's a bad habit so I stopped."

"You— stopped." She laughed, taking a sip. "Are you pregnant or something?"

I could tell she was asking that as a joke, but I didn't know how to respond to it, so I laughed awkwardly before pressing my lips together.

"Wait—" Callie said, sitting up straight. I removed my eyes from Melba and looked straight ahead to avoid any eye contact. "Jules, are you pregnant?"

"No she's not." Nate laughed but I could tell his eyes widened when he saw my face. "Holy shit! You totally are!"

"When did that happen?" Seth asked as he slowly got up from the sofa he was sharing with Melba. "How far along are you? Does Fred know? What are you—"

"Seth." I interrupted him, looking up at him. "Oh fuck. No, Fred doesn't know. That's why I haven't said anything because I want him to know first."

My friends all looked around at each other before they looked at me again.

"Well, how far along are you?" Melba asked.

"Only seven weeks." I breathed. "But I'm already starting to not fit in my pants anymore. I have to suck in my stomach. I don't even know how to tell Fred. We're nineteen and it's just— I'm finally doing what I've always wanted to do. I'm on the national quidditch team. Now I most likely have to quit."

"No—" Nate shook his head. "... I don't think that's how it works. Didn't the Irish team have a pregnant player a few years ago? She had to take a break and someone would take over, but once she was ready after giving birth, she got her old spot back."

Hopefully that would be the case here too. I wouldn't want to quit my career when it's only just begun.

"This is great news, J." Seth smiled before he came over and joined me on the floor so that he could hug me. "I'm sure Fred will be thrilled, and you'll figure it out."

"Yeah." I breathed. I simply wasn't 100 percent sure if I should keep it or not. If it was a good idea.

We used a fucking condom. It was birthday sex. Fred woke me up in the morning on my nineteenth birthday last month and I just found out a few weeks ago that I was knocked up.

"If it's a girl, you should totally call her Melba." Mel said with a grin as she leaned back on the sofa. I laughed, shaking my head at her.

"No, but if it's a boy, I would name him Nick." I said. The room went quiet and we all sat in silence, thinking about our deceased friend.

"I miss that fucking idiot." Melba sighed and took another big sip of the whisky. "How's it going with plan Pucey?"

She looked to Seth who shrugged, sighing.

"This is really fucking dumb." I said. "Mel, you're an Auror for Christ sake. You can't just be on board with kidnapping someone."

Melba shrugged and Seth grabbed the whisky bottle from her hand.

"We need to know the truth about what happened to Nick." Melba said. "It's not like we'll kill him. We're just gonna kidnap him. No big deal."

"Thank god we're in Romania for that." Callie said. "You three will get in trouble if you get caught but Nate and I have an alibi."

"Nuh-uh." I shook my head. "No. I'm not getting involved. Seth and Mel can do whatever the hell they want, but they're not dragging me into it. If I'm keeping this baby, Fred and I will be starting a family and I don't want to jeopardise that."

"If you're keeping it?" Nate asked. "You don't know if you want to keep it?"

I shook my head.

"We're still so young." I said. "Fred just asked me to move in with him and now I have to drop this bomb on him. I don't know if I can see myself as a young mum. Nineteen years old with a newborn."

"Does it make you happy?" Seth asked. "The thought of starting a family with Fred?"

I looked at him and sighed softly before I nodded.

"Maybe take that as a sign then." He smiled. "But— in the end, it's your decision. Though if you want an abortion, go get it before the baby can feel pain. I think that's around week twenty, but I'd suggest earlier if you do decide to get an abortion."