Chapter Twelve

The four of us sat in the production room of Dave Apartment. Dave and I sitting in front of his desk as he wanted to record a video for the making of the song like he does with all of his collaborations.

Corpse was off to the side, of course, while Olivia was sitting on a couch with her laptop working on things for her Salon.

"Okay. I've had this melody stuck in my head all day, maybe we can use it." I said as I reached for the keyboard, "May I?"

"Go ahead. You're better at homemade music than I am." He said sliding it over to me so I could put it together quickly.

After a few minutes, I pressed the space bar, playing the exact tune that's been in my head for hours.

"Oh wow. That's good! I think this song should be story-based like we have a narrator and two subjects." Dave said as we saved the piece.

"Should we focus on the story first?" I asked and he nodded, grabbing his notebook.

"I was thinking we talk about a girl and a guy who's in love, but they are at odds. One wants nothing more than to be in a relationship with the other, who is hesitant about giving his heart to someone else and they're kind of arguing." Dave explained and I nodded in understanding.

"So we can have the first verse be the narrator explaining, then the girl can come in with her side, then the guy...we can go back to the girl, the narrator, or something," I said and he nodded.

"I think Dave's vocals would be better for the Narrator. Based on the other collaborations he's done and his song Don't Stay in School." Olivia piped in from the couch and he pointed in her direction as he scribbled it down.

"I see why you keep her around." He joked and she giggled lightly.

"She's my hype woman. I keep her around to boost my self-confidence." I say and I earned a scoff from her as I winked into the camera.

We worked on lyrics for a while, though we realized the song needed a name. I gave Olivia my keys once it got late so she could go back to the hotel while we worked on the song all night.

It was eleven at night when we were fucking around, exhaustion was pulling at me no matter how much caffeine I ingested.

Somehow I ended up hugging Corpse's arm that was almost constant in the frame. He moved his arm from my grasp so he could grab something and his hand grazed my neck slightly which caused a groan to come from my throat that they both heard.

My face flushed a bright pink and I squeaked, hiding my face behind my hands as they both burst out laughing.

"I am so sorry!" I whined, hiding as they laughed at my embarrassment.

"Are you that touch starved?" Dave asked and I groaned.

"Apparently!"

Then there was silence, it all hit us at once and Dave got to scribbling down.

"No! You are not thinking what I'm thinking," I said looking back and forth between the boys.

"The guy, Corpse in this instance, can have the fear that the girl is just using him to fulfill her touch Starved needs. The song can be called Touch Starved." Dave said and Corpse gave me a teasing glare as I sighed.

"It's good. I can take the embarrassment. We have a song name." I muttered, going back to editing the music as we adjusted the lyrics to fit the new version of the song.

"Oh baby I'm touch starved, I just need to feel your fingertips, upon my lips one more time..." I sang the chorus softly, "Just please baby stay the night..."

"Speaking of night. We should call it one, pick back up where we left off when we're not sleep-deprived. Rotten, you can stay in my guest room and Corpse you're stuck on the couch." Dave said and I giggled.

Corpse rolled his eyes, "I would have offered her the guest bed anyway."

"Awe, what a gentleman."

***

The next morning we were back on the grind. It was Monday and Olivia returned, thankfully the boys spared me the embarrassment of explaining how we came up with a title.

We finished the lyrics and music within a few hours, Olivia made sure we ate and stayed hydrated during the entire thing.

Recording the vocals was a Rollercoaster ride. The song has many twists and turns vocally, which was amazing for the song and the music.

"Yes Rotten! Kill it!" Dave said after I hit a seductive low note and I laughed.

I ate pizza while Corpse recorded his vocals and relaxed with Olivia.

"I'm sorry I'm working so much during our stay in LA." I apologize to her and she just shrugged it off and gave me a look.

"I got to meet two of my favorite YouTubers in one trip to LA. I think you working is just your way of having a good time and I'm here to support you." She said with a giggle and I nodded.

"This trip was work-related anyway, if we were here for vacation I probably would have felt differently. Now eat up." She instructed me so I ate the pizza quickly as Corpse and Dave walked into the kitchen.

"Vocals are done. Now I just have to put it all together and create some cover art for the video since it's just going to be audio." Dave said as he grabbed a slice of pizza along with Corpse.

"I can create the cover art. I just need to borrow Corpse's hand for a quick picture in front of your white wall." I said pointing to the blank wall and he chuckled, nodding as he stood up.

"What's your idea?" He asked backing against the wall as I handed Olivia my phone.

"You know that famous painting, The Creation of Adam by Michelangelo?" I asked shrugging off my jacket so I was only in a muscle shirt.

He just nodded.

"That, but a bit further apart," I explained and he chuckled.

The two of us stood in front of the wall and reached out to each other as Olivia snapped a bunch of pictures. We were both relaxed.

"Alright. I think we've got it." Olivia mumbled and I walked over, swiping through my camera roll.

"I'll edit this when we get back to Texas."