21: New face

Ignore mistakes, please

Third person P.O.V

Taehyung started feeling shaky as Jungkook took a dramatic pause after the single word.

"Jung Jaemin, one of my friends is throwing a party this weekend. As I promised, I'll take you with me if you are ready for that." Jungkook completed the line and Taehyung blinked once, twice, thrice, and so forth.

"That's it?" He blurted out with a frown. Like, really? Here he was about to faint on the spot in fear of being exposed like that.

"Yeah. Were you expecting something else?" Jungkook cocked his brow, leaning back on his chair, arms relaxing over the table as John started placing the dishes.

Taehyung felt utterly stupid for his baseless fear and reaction. He chuckled nervously and scratched his forehead.

"No, I- I mean... you seemed angry, I thought I did something offensive." Jungkook smirked which made Taehyung feel afraid again because that smirk was really showing off something.

"What if I say I was?" Taehyung gulped and licked his lips.

Think something, change the topic Taehyung.. use your genius brain.

"Oh, I remember, I wanted to ask a favor from you, Mr. Jeon." He quickly started when a light bulb blew up in his mind.

Jungkook frowned at the sudden change of topic but nodded his head, gesturing for the blue-haired to say out.

"Actually, I- I was thinking of doing some job. You know, I can't just depend on you like that. I feel really useless, spending my time doing nothing and taking all the necessities for free." Taehyung stated the fact. He indeed was very worried about his savings and income. It wasn't like cops were going to pay him a huge amount after the success of this case. He really needed a job to have a normal life even after that stupid case.

Jungkook's expression morphed into a mad one as he was clenching his jaw tightly, making his jawline more prominent.

"You're not a burden on me dear one. I said it before and I'm repeating it again." The way words came out very stern, Taehyung thought to keep his mouth shut but his bratty tongue decided the opposite.

"It's not like I'm going to stay here for a lifetime anyways. I need money for my stable future." After spilling out the words, he widened his eyes and bit his lips harshly.

Really need a lock for my tongue.

"Taehyung??? What's that? Are you trying to expose yourself?"

Baekhyun scolded him afterward. He glanced up to see John had already gone back into the kitchen after placing everything on the table and they were left alone in the dining room.

"You can have everything you need. But if still, it's what you want, I'll do something about that." Taehyung was beyond shocked after hearing those words. He stared at the other to witness any signs of anger or madness, but found a small smile... very shocking indeed.

"Ah haha. Thank you... um. Yeah. Thank you so much." Taehyung stuttered badly with nervous laughter and Jungkook simply gestured for him to start the dinner.

"Um- I realize that we don't know much about each other. Well, I think it's true in my case only." Taehyung giggled, shaking his head as he stuffed his mouth with a piece of meat, suddenly feeling a boost of confidence.