This was fun to write

Y/n's pov

"I'm sorry can you please repeat that Wakatoshi?" I ask. "Because I don't think I'm hearing this right."

"We're sorry," My mom says. "Unfortunately this was unavoidable."

"It too late to make any changes," Wakatoshi adds.

"What do you mean you're going to America?" I ask. "When did you decided that?"

"A few months ago," he says.

"Months? If you decided this months ago why wouldn't you tell me?" I ask. "Don't you think that would've been a better idea?"

"Well I was going to tell you sooner but then you broke up with Tsukishima, and you were sad," he says. "I didn't want to add to it."

"That's in like two months, two months," I say. "That's like nothing."

"I know," he nods his head. "I can assure you I was intending on telling you sooner."

"What am I going to do?" I ask. "Wakatoshi, what am I supposed to do?"

"The original plan was to have you stay here, where we currently live," he says. "Just so there wouldn't be any big changes."

"But this is a big change," I say. "If I need to go and see you it'll take like a whole day. One whole day."

"I can facetime you," he says.

"But that's not the same," I say.

"I can come and visit you every couple of months," he says. "It's fine."

"Every couple of months?" I question. "How long are you going for?"

"Just a bit," he says. "You will be fine."

"He's going for at least two years," my mom says. "Wakatoshi, you should just be straight forward with her. She isn't a little girl anymore."

Two years?

"So I'm gonna live all alone?" I ask. "Like by myself?"

"Well you were," she says. "But I have to move to South Korea, it was last minute."

"Y/n, we can't leave you here in Japan," Wakatoshi says. "Either mother or I have to be able to drive to you in case of an emergency. It'd be highly irresponsible of us to leave you here."

"Korea?" I ask. "Why Korea?"

"Business matters," my mom says. "It's very important, I tried to get out of it. There was nothing I could do."

"So I have to move too?" I ask. "Like, I have to leave Japan?"

"Y/n, I want you to come to America with me," Wakatoshi says. "But you have the choice between Seoul and Irvine."

"You're moving to California?" I ask.

"Yes, that's where father lives," he says. "He asked me if I wanted to move out there for a bit to train."

"Well can't I just stay with someone else here?" I ask. "There are lots of people here, can't I stay here with Tendo?"

"Tendo's coming with me," he says.

"I don't want to move," I say. "Please, I want to stay in Japan. I just started making friends here, what about Kei?"

"You can visit him as often as possible," Wakatoshi says.

"Every couple of months, how am I supposed to have a long-distance relationship?" I ask. "I don't want to leave him."

"Y/n, you need to understand that people have responsibilities," my mom says. "And sometimes distance is good."

"Yeah sometimes it's good, not for me," I say. "Distance doesn't work for me."

"Well you need to learn," she says.

"Mother, you could be less harsh," Wakatoshi says. "This is hard for her too."

"We disgusted this today, it's not healthy for her to be so dependant on everybody else," she says. "You wanted to talk to her."

"I did, but I don't want to hurt her feelings," he says.

"You need to be honest with her, shielding her from every small thing will just do her more harm than good," she continues on. "She's a sixteen-year-old girl, in two years she'll be an adult. The world can't revolve around her, no matter how hard you try to make it."

"Wakatoshi, do you give up opportunities for me?" I ask.

"Y/n, it's not like that," he says. "I don't mind, you mean more. You're my sister."

"So you do," I say.

"I don't want to leave you by yourself for more than a week at a time," he says. "Training camps any longer than that served no good to you. I don't mind it."

"I'm like an obligation," I say. "Right?"

"You're my sister, so of course I feel obligated to take care of you," he says.

"Moms right," I say. "The world doesn't revolve around me, and people shouldn't have to bend over backwards just so I'm happy. Not you, my friends, my family, and not Kei."

"Y/n, I'm sorry," he says.

"I'm really the one who should apologize," I say.

"You don't need to," he says. "I don't mind-"

"I can't even tie my own shoes Wakatoshi, I can't keep myself healthy, without you there to keep me alive I'd be dead," I say.

"Don't say that," he shakes his head.

"Is it true though?" I ask, pausing for a response he was never going to give. "Exactly, I can't do anything for myself."

"I don't mind taking care of you," he says.

"I'm going to get some air," I say grabbing my bag. "I'll go with you to California."

"Wakatoshi, do not follow her out there," my mom says. "Let her be."

"I should've just stayed here in Japan," I hear him say before I turn the corner to leave the restaurant.

Lol.

-Crouton