6. Josh- parent arguements

"I'M SO ANNOYED AT BOTH OF YOU I COULD KILL YOU RIGHT NOW!" Our mum yelled, slamming her hand down on the table to her left. "ALL I ASK IS ONE THING- ALL I ASK IS THAT YOU SHUT THE FUCKING BACK DOOR WHEN YOU LEAVE THIS HOUSE, AND YOU ARE SO INCAPABLE YOU CAN'T EVEN DO THAT?! NOW LOOK AT US! SOMEONE FUCKIGN BROKE IN AND TOOK MY CREDIT CARDS!"

I cowered behind the door with my brother, Dez, watching as she kept on screaming at Dad, tearing down the warm ambience Dez and I had gotten up early and set up for Christmas.

"What do you mean it's my fault?!" Dad exclaimed, throwing his hands up and making me flinch and hide behind the door a bit more. "Last night you said you would close the door when you put the milk and cookies outside for Santa!"

"SO NOW YOU HAVE THE AUDACITY TO BLAME ME FOR YOUR MISTAKES?!" Mum shrieked. "HOW DARE YOU- I'M A DOCTOR, NO LESS- A DOCTOR. YOU ARE A SHITTY LITTLE BUISNESSMAN, DON'T BELITTLE ME WHEN YOU ARE UNDER ME."

"San, it isn't even that big of a problem- they don't know your pin, you can cancel any orders they place on your card, and you can ask your bank to cut off the card." Dad tried to console Mum.

"DON'T EVEN..." Mum clenched her fist against the kitchen counter and made an annoyed sort of growling noise in annoyance.

Dad was fearful at this point, and looked to the door before catching out eyes.

Leave. He mouthed.

Dez nodded before grabbing my hand and running out of the house with me, grabbing two five pound notes before slamming the door behind us.

I felt a tear slip down my cheek as I heard a smashing sound in the house behind us. 

"I'm guessing we're gonna have to spend the night at someone else's tonight?" I whispered to Dez.

"I'm sorry, Kiera- I guess we will." Dez sighed before handing me a five pound note. "You wanna come stay with me and Tye?"

"No." I refused instantly, my flat voice wavering. "I'll go to Tobi's."

"Okay, I'll see you at the park, 12pm tomorrow?" Dez confirmed. I just nodded, not wanting to speak in fear I would cry. "Okay, well I'm going to go to Tye's, I'll see you tomorrow."

We walked down our small driveway before Dez walked left, and I walked right.

I let out a sob once Dez was out of sight, wiping my face furiously and trying to rid the tears which had crowded in my eyes. 

This always happened.

Mum and dad fought over the smallest things at the worst times and then Dez and I had to leave and go somewhere else so that we weren't caught in any of the violence.

And now I had to go to Tobi's house.

I legged it down the street, turning right and stopping outside the house. Then, I walked around to the back of the house, before shifting my weight slowly onto the drainpipe. I shimmied further and further up the drainpipe until I was level with Tobi's room.

I tapped his window, before reattaching my hand to the drainpipe as I felt myself slipping. A few moments later, the curtains were drawn to the side, and Tobi was revealed. He shifted the window so that it was opened, before letting me inside. 

I entered through the window before sitting on the floor and resting my head in my hands.

"I'm guessing your parents had another fight?" Tobi asked, taking a seat by me. 

I just nodded.

"Merry Christmas." I said sarcastically through my tears.

"Oh yeah, speaking of which- I got you a present." Tobi walked to his wardrobe before opening the door. 

It was much to both of our surprises when a boy fell through the door.

"Merry Christmas..." The boy awkwardly stated on the floor.

"Josh, I told you that you would've just been better to meet her." Tobi sighed to the boy on the floor.

"What's going on?" I asked.

"This guy Josh joined our class, and I hung out with him overnight. We continued hanging out today, but then he saw you at the window. Josh isn't good with speaking to new people, so instead he just decided to hide in the wardrobe." Tobi rolled his eyes at the boy.

I gave a watery chuckle. I looked at the boy. He had black hair which was styled in a loose quiff. He had dark green-blue eyes which was covered by a few stray pieces of hair. It was fair to say he was a pretty attractive guy.

"I'm not too good at social interactions, but if you still wanna talk to me I'd be really happy since I don't flourish in social situations and therefore not many people do want to talk." Josh stated simply before smiling.

Something told me that Josh and I would get along very well...

---

Ahhhhhh this was so shite