006. Eye To Eye

Part One / Chapter Six

The Weasley twins were going to be the death of Venus Rosario.

That sentence written exactly on her headstone. She'd taken down the seventh poster promoting their "part-time" jobs for other students. She definitely wasn't going to let Cordelia get roped into their schemes. She now took down the eighth poster, rereading the words:

GALLONS OF GALLEONS!
ᴘᴏᴄᴋᴇᴛ ᴍᴏɴᴇʏ ꜰᴀɪʟɪɴɢ ᴛᴏ ᴋᴇᴇᴘ ᴘᴀᴄᴇ ᴡɪᴛʜ ʏᴏᴜʀ ᴏᴜᴛɢᴏɪɴɢꜱ?
ʟɪᴋᴇ ᴛᴏ ᴇᴀʀɴ ᴀ ʟɪᴛᴛʟᴇ ᴇxᴛʀᴀ ɢᴏʟᴅ?
ᴄᴏɴᴛᴀᴄᴛ ꜰʀᴇᴅ ᴀɴᴅ ɢᴇᴏʀɢᴇ ᴡᴇᴀꜱʟᴇʏ,
ɢʀʏꜰꜰɪɴᴅᴏʀ ᴄᴏᴍᴍᴏɴ ʀᴏᴏᴍ,
ꜰᴏʀ ꜱɪᴍᴘʟᴇ, ᴘᴀʀᴛ-ᴛɪᴍᴇ, ᴠɪʀᴛᴜᴀʟʟʏ ᴘᴀɪɴʟᴇꜱꜱ ᴊᴏʙꜱ
(WE REGRET THAT ALL WORK IS UNDERTAKEN AT APPLICANT'S OWN RISK.)

"They are the limit," she said grimly ripping the sign in half and tossing it in the bin. She repeated Diffindo about a dozen times and the poster was minced to pieces. "Where is Ron?"

"Somebody say my name?" Ron said enthusiastically behind her. He looked into the bin at the poster Venus had hacked up. "Wow, what did Fred and George do to you?"

"Make this Prefect job harder than it should be," Venus said ripping, yet another, poster from the wall. "We need to talk to them, Ron."

Ron looked positively alarmed, "Why?!"

"Because we're Prefects!" said Venus crumpling the poster in her hands and tossing it into the fire that was lit under the chimney. "It's our job. If you don't have enough balls to do it, I will."

Harry watched them from a distance, waiting for Venus to walk away so he could speak with his best friend. He did feel bad about last night. He was quite rude to her when she was trying to be nice. But he was shaken from the argument with Seamus, who he quite liked. He wondered if he had to lose any more friends that year.

"Hello Henry," said Constance, somewhat cruelly, as she passed Harry. It was too late for Harry to correct her as she'd walked a great distance between them. He could handle having Constance hate him but he didn't know how to handle Venus doing the same.

"Vee, we have to go to the Great Hall now! Hannah Abbott-told-Susan Bones-who-told-Daphne Greengrass-who-told-Padma Patil-who-told- Cho-who-told-me-that-Umbridge woman is wearing the most horrendous outfit. I need to go make fun of her now!" she chattered excitedly, gesturing her hands madly when explaining the train of information received from each girl in every House.

"H-Hi Constance," Ron said looking doubtlessly star struck. She brought her head up to Ron, eyes squinted, trying to remember Ron's name. "My name's—"