Winter solstice pt 2

"Let's go, Appa! Come on, boy." I watched as Aang had trouble to get Appa to move, even while pulling his reins. Appa grunted in return. "Look, im sorry, but Katara and Sokka aren't coming to the fire nation with us. If they got hurt, I'd never forgive myself. So get your big butt off the ground and let's go!" Aang continued to struggle while attempting to pull the reins to get Appa to move. I sighed and walked over to Appa and started to pat him.

"I think his big butt is trying to tell you something." Sokka said, making us turn and look at him. He was standing near Katara and some of the villagers.

"Please don't go, guys. The world can't afford to lose you guys to the fire nation. Neither can I." Katara pleaded. I looked down and sighed.

"But I have to talk to avatar Roku to find out what my vision means." Aang slowly stood up and began to explain. "I need to get to the fire temple before the sun sets on the solstice. That's today!" He continued as he hopped on Appa. I sighed once again and hopped on Appa's saddle, I looked down as Appa started to walk out of the village.

"We're not letting you guys go into the fire nation." Katara said as Sokka and her got in front of Appa, making him stop. I held my breath, being conflicted between the two choices as well.

"At least not without your friends." Sokka added, "we got your back." I sighed in relieved and smiled at what Sokka said. Appa licked Sokka happily after hearing what he just said. "Ew!" Sokka groaned, he was slightly covered in saliva.

"It's a long journey to the crescent island." One of the villagers approached us while holding something in their hands, "you'll have to fly fast to have any chance of making it before sunset." He handed us a bag filled with supplies, "good luck."

"Thank you for your—"

"Go!" Before Aang could finish his thanks, the man interrupted him and ushered us to hurry up. Katara and Sokka quickly got on the saddle and Appa started to fly away shortly after.

I yawned and stretched my arms, I just woke up from a nap. It was now morning and the sun was shining brightly, but it wasn't too bad since the clouds covered most of the sun from our view.

"Come on, boy. We've got a long way to go. Faster!" Aang ordered Appa and Appa lowly grunted in return as if saying no and slowed down a bit which caused me to silently laugh. 'Appa got sass'

"If you want Appa to go faster, you have to be nice, isn't that right Appa?" I said as I moved closer to the saddle's edge to pat Appa's side, "would you be a sweetheart and go faster, Appa?" Appa grunted lightly and started to speed up, going faster than before.

"Whatever." Aang mumbled while pouting.

"Aang, we got trouble." Katara said while looking down from the saddle. I looked down to see what she was looking at and spotted a fire nation ship that was tailing us.

"Yeah, and it's gaining fast!" Sokka added as he looked down at the ship as well.

"Uh oh" I looked down at the ship, the men onboard brought up a catapult and started to aim it at us.

"Fireball!" Katara yelled after they lit up the cannonball-sized flint ball they had with their firebending and shot it.

"I'm on it!" Aang grabbed Appa's reign and took a sharp turn to the right, successfully avoiding the fireball.

"We have to get out of Zuko's range before he shoots another hot stinker on us!" Katara shouted as we all tried to cover our noses from the foul smell left by the fireball.

"Can't you make Appa go any faster?" Sokka turned and asked me.

"Yeah... But there's just one little problem.." I said as I approached the top of the saddle, "a blockade." I pointed down towards the multitude of fire nation ships that were waiting in front of us.