Part 12

So this is her. This is the mysterious Meg, Jane muses.

Conrad merely raises her eyebrows for a second before she lets them drop, making her facial expression return to entirely neutral.

A harder look at her informs her that Meg is not very muscular looking, nor very sturdy.

We could fight her for him, Jane points out.

No. But if she challenges us, we'll win, Conrad responds grimly, watching Atlas.

"I came to see you," Meg shrugs, and Atlas scowls.

"You're banned from these lands," he snaps, and Meg bats her lashes at him.

"The guards let me in. Don't blame them, though, they can't say no to an Alpha Female, and you know that," she pouts.

Conrad wants to slap the pout off her face.

If she were the jealous type, she'd probably slide up to Atlas, wrapping her arm around him or something similar to try and assert her dominance.

She's not a jealous person, though, and she won't fight for someone who isn't fighting for her, so she keeps her mouth shut.

"I told you to leave my lands and never return," Atlas grits out, and Conrad can see a vein in his forehead begin to pulse.

Amber slides her hand into Conrad's, squeezing it nervously.

Conrad squeezes back, not moving from her defensive position in front of the shorter girl.

"Well, daddy told me to come and say hi. He said I should convince you to take me back," she whines.

Dad, is there a Meg that you know about? She would be an Alpha's daughter?, Conrad quickly links Silas.

She can sense her father's confusion immediately.

Maybe? I think there might be one from up North, but I couldn't say for sure, Silas responds after a moment or two.

Thank you, that's all I need, she chirps, her eyes following Meg.

Meg lays a hand on Atlas' arm, and Jane is ready to shift.

"Your eyes are red," Amber whispers, but Conrad continues to stare at Meg.

She's waiting to see what the other woman is going to do, or attempt to do.

"I told your father what you did the last time you were here. He signed an agreement that stated you would not step foot onto this land again. Why are you really here?" He growls.

"Outside. Now," she snaps, and Conrad releases a laugh of derision.

"Conrad, Amber, come with us," Atlas orders, and Meg scowls.

"They're not coming. I want to speak to you in private," Meg demands, and Atlas shakes his head.

"I'm not putting myself into a situation where I am left alone with you. The girls can come, or I'm simply not going to speak to you. It's up to you, but I advise you to choose quickly, because I have a lot of other stuff to do," Atlas states, finally removing Meg's hand from his arm.

Jane is irritated that he didn't remove it quicker.

"Fine. Come along, girls," Meg spits, her tone mocking.

She storms out of the restaurant, the angry red tint in her face reminding Conrad of a tomato.

Don't be irrational. She might have a good reason for being so angry and demanding, Conrad orders her wolf, keeping her on a short leash.