seventeen.

I walked through the quiet hallway, trying to make my way to the front of the building and outside to catch my breath

I walked through the quiet hallway, trying to make my way to the front of the building and outside to catch my breath. My boots were clapping against the floor, my eyes on the look out to see if i could find Steve on my way, the super soldier having left the room immediately after we had retrieved the normal Scott back from the Quantum Tunnel. My heart was still thudding at a million miles an hour, my stomach twisting as I threatened to throw up over the white floors. I knew that the time travel trial was going to be difficult, but I definitely did not expect for Scott to age his whole lifespan in the space of 3 minutes either.

I was already freaked out that the possibility of losing Scott sometime in the 20th century was highly possible, but having actually seen Scott be the result of poor time travel frazzled me even more. This wasn't going to be easy, and I knew that there would undoubtedly be problems like this along the way. However, I'm happy that I wasn't the one to volunteer anymore. I walked through the glass corridors, the sun reflecting through them as I clenched and relaxed my fists on either of of me, needing some small action to distract myself. I took a turn around a corner, the glass front doors in front of me to reveal Steve standing out on the front steps.

I couldn't tell if the car sitting in front of him was part of my imagination or not, but Steve stood there with his hands in his pockets, Tony staring back at him as he leaned against the door of his black car. Neither of them saw me as I walked through the sliding doors that opened automatically when I got closer, the pair of men turning to see me. Tony smiled at me slightly, my eyebrows scrunched in confusion as I stood still at the door, opening my mouth to say something before Tony cut me off.

"You're a bit sweaty" Tony said to me, lazily pointing at my face as I let out a small sigh, nodding my head as I made my way over to the two men. I bent my head down a little, listing the edge of my t-shirt up to my forehead to wipe it free of any perspiration, still a little frazzled from the warehouse. "Yeah well I just turned my friend into a baby" I replied sarcastically, looking at Tony as I stood next to Steve, raising my eyebrows at him. Steve leaned over to me, setting one hand on my lower back as he kissed my hair comfortingly, as if he could tell how afraid I was from turning Scott into a baby. "Why are you here?" I asked Tony, who look back at me through his tinted glasses, a small hint of a smile on his lips.

"Not happy to see me?" he asked, Steve dropping his hand from my back as I raised my eyebrows jokingly, taking in a deep breath of the fresh hair as a cool wind moved past us. "Have you figured out what you did wrong yet?" Tony asked, nonchalantly pushing his hands into his pockets as I closed my eyes, wiping my forehead again with the back of my hand. "Instead of pushing Scott through time we pushed time through Scott" I said quietly, ashamed that we hadn't thought and troubleshooted for that outcome before the test. "You are really smart" Tony joked, pointing a finger at me as I nodded my head slowly, a smile resting on my face.

"I'm glad you're finally seeing my talent" I replied curtly, shaking my head slightly as Steve let out a small laugh by my side. "So why" I started, not being able to finish my question before Tony cut me off, knowing what I was going to ask. "As I told your partner in time travel crime here, I'm here to help" he explained, pulling his hand from his pocket as he held it up, showing off a small gadget that he had strapped to the back of his hand. "A fully functioning time travel GPS" he explained, my eyes growing wide as I looked at it, a hint of confusion clouding my expression.

"You did it?" I asked in disbelief, Tony nodding his head as he let out a small sigh, probably just as shocked as I am that he managed to find a solution. "I did" he explained, my arms crossing against my chest as I shifted in my feet hesitantly. "I thought you didn't want in" I countered, Tony shrugging his shoulders in question, pushing his hand back into the pocket of his pants. "We have a shot at getting these stones but I need to make my priorities clear" he started, staring me dead in the eyes as I nodded my head, waiting silently to hear him out on what he was going to say.

"Bring back what we lost? Hopefully" Tony said cheerfully with a small nod of his head, his glasses falling down on his nose slightly as he looked at me over the top of them. "Keep what I've got? I have to at all costs" he said more desperately, needing to make his way home to Morgan and Pepper again when this is all over. "I understand that" I told him, a secure nod of my head as he let out a small sigh, pushing his glasses back up to the bridge of his nose. "The most important thing" Tony started, giving me the opportunity to cut off the end of his sentence this time. "To not die whilst trying" I said, knowing exactly where he was coming from. Tony gave me a small nod, a sad hollow smile supporting his lips as he shrugged his shoulders lazily.

"That would be nice" he explained, pulling his hand from his pocket again as he set it in between the pair of us, my eyes going down to it. "Deal?" he asked, making me wait a few beats with my eyes on his hand. I let out a small scoff as I took a large stride towards him, wrapping my arms around his shoulders in an engulfing hug as he let out a small hum of surprise. He was still for a moment, finally wrapping his arms around my back as I let out a small sigh, closing my eyes in the embrace of my friend. "Thank you" I whispered to him, Tony using his palm to pat my back as he nodded his head, still a little bit stiff in the contact.

"I'd say don't sweat it but you already have" he joked, making me laugh as I pulled away, smiling at him greatfully as he nodded his head at Steve. "I come bearing gifts" he said as soon as I had released him, his legs carrying him to the trunk of his car, Steve and I following after him in tow. I have Steve a smile, hopeful that this actually might work out now that we have Tony on our side. The blonde returned it, grabbing onto my bicep as he gave it a small squeeze, Tony pulling something from the trunk of his car. I looked down, seeing the crisp and clean Vibranium of the red, white and blue Captain America shield resting in his hands.

"Tony" Steve started, shaking his head as Tony make a noise to shut him up before he could protest any more. "Why? He made it for you" Tony countered, pulling it from the trunk as he spun it in between his hands. It had been cleaned up since the last time I saw it, the scratches and marks from gunshots polished off and the paint being retouched from where T'Challa's claws had scraped it off. "Plus, Honeslty I have to get it out of the garage before Morgan takes it sledding" he explained with a small shrug of his shoulder, holding it out as Steve took it, putting his arm into the straps. It was like he had never been apart form it, his arm fitting perfectly in the holds that were hand crafted to fit against his skin.

"Thank you, Tony" Steve said with a nod of his head, the billionaire waving it off as he let out a small sigh, pulling his trunk shut with a slam. "Will you keep that a secret? I didn't bring one for the whole team" he said, taking a pause as he looked between Steve and I briefly before raising an eyebrow. "We are getting the whole team right?" Tony asked us skeptically, causing me to look over at Steve with a blank expression. I was met with his blue eyes, the uncertainty in his face matching mines perfectly as we looked back at Tony in unison, not having an answer to his question.

——

A/N: Tony is back and ready to kick some time travelling butt!
I'm so excited to start writing the time travel into this story, I have been thinking about it non stop for the past few days (it's seriously unhealthy lol) and I just know that it's going to be so fun to read
where do you think Ally will be heading in the past?
anyway on another MCU topic, episode 4 of WandaVision HOLY COW IT WAS AMAZING!! i am so invested and so so interested in seeing how this all unravels and seeing Darcy again literally made me squeal - she's one of my favourite side characters I am so glad they brought her back (and made her a doctor in astrophysics, she really followed in Jane's footsteps and I am HERE for it)
please do not forget to vote and comment and i will see you soon

A/N: Tony is back and ready to kick some time travelling butt! I'm so excited to start writing the time travel into this story, I have been thinking about it non stop for the past few days (it's seriously unhealthy lol) and I just know that it's g...