chapter 3 ~ sweater weather

•Mature language

Georges pov=

Was he staring at me?

I turn around to see if there was anyone stood behind me, but there was nobody for at least a metre or two.

I turn back to look at him, and I couldve swore he winked at me, but I didnt want to get my hopes up unless it was just my imagination.

Get my hopes up?

Get my fucking hopes up?! Get my hopes up for what? I stand still, amazed at what I'd just thought.

The song had just ended, and the blonde boy has gone backstage. I see Tommy turn his head and say something to me, but im too starstruck to move, nevermind talk.

Everyone has gone back to theyd been doing, some people were dancing, some people were chatting, and im stood in the middle of the room like some idiot who doesnt know how his legs work.

"George, can you hear me?" Tommy asks, waving his hand repeatedly infront of my face.

"What? Yeah I can" I respond, letting myself drop into the chair.

"Are you alright?" Tommy asks me, a worried expression showing up on his face.

"Hm? Of course I am" I reply, turning my head to see if the blonde boy was anywhere in sight.

I couldnt tell myself why I was looking for him, or why I wanted to find him.

But he was gorgeous, my god he was the most gorgeous boy id ever seen.

I find myself wanting to see him again. My heart began to race at the thought of him winking at me.

What was this bubbling excitement growing inside me? Why was i so determined to see his face again? What did this mean?

"George?" Tommy snaps again, still staring at me, "whats wrong, what happened?" he asks.

"Nothing, sorry, I think the tiredness is getting to me" I respond simply.

"Are you sure?" he asks, although I can see hes already convinced.

"Yeah, very sure" I reply.

"They were great, werent they" Tommy says before taking a sip of his coke. He obviously hadnt noticed that there was an extra band member.

"Yeah they were pretty good, who was your favorite?" I ask Tommy.

"I dont know if I can pick, they were all pretty great, but I thought Ranboos drumming was cool" he smiles, "how about you?"

"Wilbur" i respond, a bit too fast to make it sound believable.

Truth be told i hadnt been listening to the music at all, I was too busy focused on the blonde boy.

"Oh, George, look at this!" Tommy says grinning, already forgetting about what we had just been talking about.

"I found this epic fanart of Wilburs band, im gonna show it to him later" he tells me, pulling up a picture of a venue different from this, more free looking.

I'd like to guess it was in the summertime. You could easily tell who was who, the drawing was actually quite good.

"Thats actually real-" I begin, but im cut off by Tommys phone vibrating, as a text came in from Wilbur.

'Come backstage, I wanna introduce you guys to everyone' Tommy reads the message outloud.

I can feel my heart begin to speed up again. Honestly if I keep up like this ill be headed for a heart attack pretty soon.