(scene 25) back to reality

☽☽☽

☽☽☽

REMUS STAYED WITH ATHENA THE ENTIRE LAST WEEK, if the boy had alternate plans he'd abandoned them immediately. To Remus there was nothing more important than ensuring that Athena got better and in his mind he was the only one who could do this.

They sat most of the time in her room as she didn't feel like leaving her bed very often. Remus would read to her and try to get her to fall asleep. He bought some calming draught from the nearest magical pharmacy in an attempt to coax her into an actual sleep schedule.

She felt comforted when he was there. They would watch movies during the day and she started eating more at a slow pace. Since Athena had been neglecting a lot of her food it was hard to just start eating normally again but Remus didn't force her.

On the last weekend the sat outside for the day as Remus was concerned that Athena hadn't seen sunlight in a while. She'd been keeping her curtains closed due to sleeping during the day and her previous beautiful complexion had paled somewhat.

Athena still heard the voices in her mind a lot of the time but every time she did Remus made her write down in a small book what they were saying. Underneath he'd write something else that made her feel better somehow.

You're worth nothing

You're worth everything to me

Other than that they just talked. Athena had been surprised to find out the dark thoughts that Remus had experienced. He definitely held himself up a lot better than she did. While she had cut herself off and moped in her room, he had gone about his usual daily life with a smile on his face. She didn't understand how that was possible

Remus helped her pack towards the end of the holidays and she felt better about going back knowing that he'd be beside her. She kept the small notebook on her at all times purely so she could read the nice things he'd written. She'd come to find comfort in his handwriting, the tidy scrawl that contrasted her sloping letters so much.

Her parents were still worried, believing that Athena wasn't in the right state of mind to go back to school. The only reason they were lenient enough to let her go was because Aurora promised to look out for her and even then they were skeptical.

If only you were more like Aurora

But you're perfect the way you are

Athena decided to apperate to Hogwarts with her sister as seeing everyone on the train seemed like a kickstart back into reality that she wasn't ready for. Instead she would take it slow, Remus told her he'd explain that she wasn't feeling like herself (leaving out the more personal details of course).

With a faint pop the two sisters arrived at the end of Hogsmeade. Aurora turned to Athena in caution to see how she was taking this step. She smiled encouragingly before they began to walk in sync up to the castle.