(scene 28) imperio

☽☽☽

☽☽☽

ALL ATHENA WANTED TO DO OVER THE WEEKEND was revise for her exams however that plan was ruined after she'd gotten a note from one of the school owls telling her to go to Dumbledore's office on Saturday afternoon.

Why Dumbledore couldn't wait until after she finished exams, Athena didn't know. However instead of rereading notes and creating mind maps, Athena was walking up the stone stairs into Dumbledore's office feeling rather annoyed.

She didn't really have to worry about Dumbledore reading her mind anymore as her occlumency was almost perfect. Maybe that's why Dumbledore wanted to see her, maybe this would be their last meeting.

Athena was sure that she wouldn't need many more of these, after all she could keep Dumbledore out for about ten minutes before she got tired. Sure Voldemort was going to be a lot more difficult however with the motivation of knowing how important it was the keep him out, Athena was sure that she would be able to manage it.

They started right away, Dumbledore claiming that he didn't want to take too much time out of her day. Athena thought this was rich considering he could have chose to not take any time out of her day however she didn't say this. Dumbledore may be nice but she was still rather scared of him.

Athena deposited quite a few memories into the pensive as quick as she could before Dumbledore could see how many she needed. The amount increased every time, use your imagination as to why.

Sometimes Athena wondered whether she should risk it and keep some present in order to spur her on to be successful. However if this plan didn't work Athena couldn't imagine how catastrophic that would be, she would probably end up dropping out of school due to embarrassment.

She took her place in front of the headmaster readying the imaginary stone wall inside of her mind. Dumbledore smiled calmly at her before lifting up his wand and reciting the familiar words.

"Legellimens"

Athena felt the sharp force on her mind but kept the barriers up, maintaining her stance. The walls held up well and after a minute she didn't feel any different. The only thing that began to happen was a small headache appeared in her mind however apart from that she felt fine,

A second later, the pain got sharper and Athena had to barricade the wall a bit more to ensure that there was no way in. As she focused on keeping Dumbledore out the pain in her head began to shrink slightly, Athena was back in control.

The pain came and went as the force grew and retracted. It covered different areas as though trying to sneak through a back door in her mind but she had every entrance covered. Athena could still see Dumbledore with his wand outstretched and although Athena didn't want to get ahead of herself, it seemed as though he was struggling.

After five minutes Athena was still standing straight without a worry in the world. Her memories and thoughts were safely contained as though in a metal box. She was a safe protecting from a robbery. Nothing was going to break down her boundaries.