(𝐬𝐜𝐞𝐧𝐞 𝟑𝟎) the leavers ball

☽☽☽

☽☽☽

AFTER THE QUIDDITCH MATCH EVERYONE was talking about the leavers ball. Excitement swept over the castle for seventh year students. Talk usually centred around who was taking who and what dresses people were wearing.

Athena was also excited about the upcoming event however a part of her couldn't help but link this ball to the end of her Hogwarts experience. It was hard to think that in only two weeks time she'd be saying goodbye to this castle forever.

In first year this day seemed so far away and since then she'd been putting it back in her mind and telling herself that she still had plenty of time. Looking back, so much had happened over the course of these last seven years and she didn't want to give this up.

Remus had asked Athena to the ball about a week before the event. This didn't exactly come as surprise. The two of them had assumed that they would be going together however him asking was a nice touch. James evidently asked Lily and Dorcas and Marlene didn't even confirm they were going together, they didn't need to.

Peter had asked Mary which was sweet. They'd been rather close for a while now and it was nice to think that this added yet another couple to their friendship group. It seemed they were all 'loved up' now.

A few days before the ball, the girls walked down to Hogsmede to look for dresses. Since this ball had been a last minute organisation, no one had thought to bring formal clothes to the school. Students flooded down to the village and stormed the dress shops as quickly as they could, looking for something to wear.

Athena had ended up choosing of sparkling white dress that shone ever every light and in Marlene's opinion made her look like a real life star. It fitted her perfectly and Lily had told Athena that if she didn't buy it then she'd never talk to her again. This was of course an exaggeration but Athena bought the dress nonetheless.

All the girls got ready together while blasting ABBA through their record player. They sang along happily to the songs while dancing about. There was more anticipation for this event in comparison to a simple Gryffindor party, after all they'd had enough of them to last a lifetime.

Athena sat cross legged close to the mirror as she applied her makeup, it was the only way she could do it without messing up and the girl was sure that she was making some very questionable faces as she did it.

After her makeup, she styled her hair into some curls that were balanced with a lot of hairspray and some subtle spell work. Dorcas was the best when it came to hair spells. She'd learnt them all over the previous summer holidays and was now using them to her full advantage.

When Athena slipped on her glittering dress and matching heels, she turned and stared at herself in the mirror. She felt more beautiful than she had done in her entire life. She felt like a princess, or a queen of the stars. Her dress shone and hugged all the right places. Athena didn't want to sound narcissistic but in this moment she couldn't think of any words to describe herself except for beautiful.