(𝐬𝐜𝐞𝐧𝐞 𝟐) dacre sinistra

faceclaim for Dacre is Anthony Mackie

☽☽☽

THREE TIMES A DAY, KENNEDY WOULD ENTER THE SMALL ROOM bringing pitiful meals and barely any news. Whatever Voldemort was doing in France was taking a lot longer than expected. The meals and Kennedy's visits were Athena's only understanding of how much time had passed.

She knew that her sister would have realised she was missing right away. They had arranged to go out for a meal to celebrate Athena finishing Hogwarts. Aurora would have informed the order. This gave Athena a small bout of hope however she wasn't sure how they were going to figure out where Athena was.

Three days passed when Athena only saw Kennedy and the limp body of Loki which she had placed in a shadowy corner out of sight so she wouldn't have to look at him. Athena wished she had let him go before they reached the manor. Athena loved her owl a lot, it hurt to know that he wasn't with her anymore.

The mattress wasn't comfortable at all, Athena hadn't exactly expected a five star stay however she would have preferred not having a spring sticking into her back while she tried to sleep.

Athena was no stranger to being awake. However now it was even more frustrating than before. The girl still had her trunk with her meaning that she could have read if it was not for the fact that there was no light coming into the room.

The room would illuminate slightly when Kennedy pushed in however this was brief and usually rather bitter. Athena had understood why Kennedy did what she did but that didn't stop her being slightly pissed off.

She thought that the least that she could do was explain what was going on. Kennedy was telling Athena nothing and not even staying to keep her company. She supposed that Kennedy was probably being monitored.

The meals were dry and had barely any taste. Breakfast was porridge or toast with no butter. Lunch was bread and dinner was a stew that at first Athena had refused to eat because of how grim it smelled. However she soon learned that refusing meals wasn't a good plan unless she wanted to starve.

All Athena knew was that something hadn't gone to plan. She had heard Mrs Vulpes yelling even through the heavy steel door she was kept behind. When Kennedy had come in to leave meals Athena had asked what was going on. Kennedy had simply said that situations in France weren't going smoothly.

Of course Athena had no idea what the situations in France were meaning that this barely gave her any insight to what was actually going on. Athena supposed this was why Kennedy had said anything at all.

Nevertheless, Athena wasn't annoyed that Voldemort was running late. She knew that things were going to get a lot worse for her when he arrived and she would rather not meet him. Kennedy could barely say his name without getting frightened and Kennedy was one of the strongest people she knew.