37"

Rosaleé and the marauders entered through the portrait into the kitchen

Rosaleé and the marauders entered through the portrait into the kitchen. Rosaleé was on James' back having a piggyback ride while she held Peters hand twirling him around as he danced with Remus and Sirius snickering behind them. Entering the kitchen they were instantly surrounded by a dozen house elves all offering platters of a variety of foot and drinks. They politely thanked them and took as much as their arms could carry. Rosaleé dumped the tray she was carrying into Sirius arms as she ran into her dorm to steal as many blankets as she could before meeting up with the boys again in the astronomy tower.

"Who's blankets this?" James asked as they all sat down and tucked into the food under the night sky.

"Marlene's, why?"

"Fuck. I just spilt some pumpkin juice on it. She'll probably hunt you down and kill you" James said slightly panicked.

"Nah. Have you seen my right hook? She'd be a gonna. Wouldn't even see it coming. Also that bitch still owes me 100 galleons" she sung as the boys snickered.

"Why do you need 100 galleons?" Peter asked quizzically

"Ohhh no reason" she waved as she shared an amused glance with Remus.

"Wouldn't be so confident in your skills Devaux" Sirius spoke up with a mouth of pancakes.

"Oh yeah? Come on then Black, me and you. One on one" she challenged getting up and dusting herself down.

"Are you sure you want this smoke Devaux? We don't want your pretty face getting messed up"

"What's a matter Black? Scared"

"Oooohhhh Pussyyyy" Remus sung from his seat next to Peter. Both of the boys thoroughly entertained.

"Padfoots gonna get fucked up" James laughed eagerly watching the encounter.

"Come on then Blondie"

Rosaleé barely moved before Sirius threw his arms around her and threw her over his shoulder.

"That's cheating!" She exclaimed as she kicked and punched his back.

"Excuses Excuses" Sirius tutted putting her back down next to Remus.

She sat down begrudgingly and whispered to Remus "that was so unfair. Ill get him when he leasts expects it"

"Can I be there when you do?" He laughed back

"No. You'll ruin the element of surprise"

They all sat and chattered about stupid things as they ate. They joked and played and they spoke about life after Hogwarts. Their futures. Their dreams to see the world. Their aspirations. Their worries about the darkness encroaching.

There was no doubt in their minds that they wouldn't have each other to help them get through.

"I still can't believe you and Lily" Remus said moving his gaze from the Hogwarts grounds to James.

"Yeah it's mad" Sirius added "I mean who'd like you?"

"Oooo roasted" Rosa chirped

"Yeah, I really like her. I'm thinking of asking her to be my girlfriend"

"No wayyyyy!" Rosa squealed causing Sirius to scrunch his face up "aw that's so cute. I'm so happy for you James!" She exclaimed, her voice muffled as she hugged the bespectacled boy tightly.

"Thanks Rosa" he beamed "I have something to show you, well we have something to show you"
From his pocket the boy pulled out a blank piece of parchment.

"You wanted to show me... paper?"

"Shhh, watch"

"I solemnly swear I am up to no good"

As James uttered the words blobs of ink spiralled across the paper.

Messers
Moony, Wormtail, Padfoot and Prongs

Are proud to present

The Marauders Map

"What's this rubbish?"

"What's this rubbish?! This Miss Devaux is the secret to our success" James exclaimed.

"Hang on, this is Hogwarts?"

"No shit, smart arse" Sirius interrupted as James continued

"This map shows everyone. Where they are, what they're doing, every minute of every day"

"So you're trying to tell me you're all stalkers"

"No!" Sirius protested

"Are you so sure because it seems like-"

"We use it for pranks and things" Remus clarified.

"What's with the weird ass nicknames" Rosaleé questioned "I can't believe I've never asked"

"That's a marauders secret" James winked.

"I still can't believe you all call yourself 'The Maruders' that's lame as shit" Rosaleé laughed.

"I'm starting to regret telling her" James huffed as he shoved the map into his pocket.

"It is quite cool though" Rosaleé said turning towards Remus. "I'm guessing you made it? The others don't have the brain capacity"

"Hey!"

"Obviously"

The sky had seemed to darken even more and Peter had fallen asleep wrapped in a blanket against Rosaleé while Rosaleé had fallen asleep in Remus lap as he played with her hair.
The stars twinkled overhead and a gentle breeze ran through the tower ruffling the boys hair. And sat there altogether they felt as if they were on top of the world.

———————————————————————————
A/N

Some wholesome Marauders content for youuuuu.

I feel like it's always been Rosa and the girls or Remus and I needed time with all the boys together lolll.

Also, rosaleé knowing about the map 🤚🏽