No, You Didn't Let Me Drown

After dinner, Jeongguk and Taehyung were walking back to the car parked in the other street, hands clasped together to generate some warmth in the cold January night. The night sky was sadly void of any stars because the city's pollution did nothing but hide the pretty lights in the sky.

"Taehyung?"

The said man looked down at his smaller boyfriend and hummed. "Yes, my dearest?" The pet name turned Jeongguk's already pink cheeks even redder and he softly nudged the other for starting such a reaction.

"I've been thinking about something lately."

"What's on your mind, pretty?" Taehyung asked, his unoccupied hand fumbled in his pocket to grab the car keys as the car finally got in sight.

Jeongguk sighed as he carefully thought about his words. He had planned on speaking with Taehyung tonight but dinner had been unexpected and now he was unsure if he really wanted to talk about it.

No, Jeongguk thought to himself, you made a promise to talk about it tonight so you'll do it.

After hyping himself up and letting the silence stretch on for some more seconds he sighed and leaned against the car, pulling Taehyung with him. "I'm sorry if it ruins the mood but uh, I've been thinking what to do about mom's situation." He said, playing with the man's jacket.

Taehyung stared down at his cute boyfriend and placed a hand on the boy's jaw. "How do you mean darling?"

"I can't let her run around like this anymore." Jeongguk told him, eyes meeting the other's concerned stare. "I'm constantly worried whether she's home or gone again, and if she's gone, what's to say she's even alive? What if she overdosed? I can't bear the thought of her lying in some alleyway or in some junkie's house."

Jeongguk took a deep breath to cool down his temper and then mumbled; "I want to try to get her into rehab."

"I think it's a good idea darling, but if she doesn't comply we'll need to force her to go, and it may take us to court." Taehyung explained to him.

"I want her to be safe. I want her to get better." Jeongguk muttered. "I've been googling what to do and it says we should seek legal counseling and we'll need proof of her drug abuse if she won't want to come willingly."

Taehyung dropped his hand and tugged the other forward so he could place a kiss on the boy's nose. "There is a residential treatment center in the next city." He told the boy, knowing one of his high school friends had once been treated there for alcohol abuse. "What if I give them a call tomorrow morning and ask for their advice?"

"You'd really do that?", Jeongguk asked, his eyes twinkling brighter than any star in the sky could. His cheeks were blushing due the cold and Taehyung couldn't help but lean to press a soft kiss to the boy's lips.

"Of course. I want you to be happy Jeongguk."

»»————- 🥊 ————-««

When Jeongguk awoke the next morning he felt cold because of the lack of Taehyung next to him. Jeongguk uncomfortably shuffled around in search of warmth before he realized there was no warmth in the bed left, Taehyung had already been up for quite some time.

Jeongguk huffed at that before shooting up when he heard Taehyung's voice from behind the door, seemingly on the phone with someone.

The rehab center!

Jeongguk stumbled out of bed in only a shirt and boxers and sleepily padded across the room until he reached the door that concealed Taehyung's phone call. The boy reached for the door and peeked between the gap to see Taehyung animatedly talking to the person on the other side of the line.