four

The group walked through the racers dome, watching as Ani's competitors got ready to race. Lalla walked beside Qui-Gon staying close to him, not exactly feeling comfortable with all the unknown people in the room.

"I want to see your spaceship the moment the race is over" Watto demanded as Qui-Gon glanced down at Lalla giving her a playful eye roll.

"Patience, my blue friend. You'll have your winnings before the suns set, and we'll be far away from here" He said, Lalla giggling a bit at Watto's nickname. She knew she'd have to tell Ani about that one.

"Not if your ship belongs to me, huh?" Watto said snickering a bit. Lalla's smile dropped a bit as she thought about how much was riding on Ani today.

"You don't think Anakin can win?" The jedi asks, one hand on his hip and one hand on Lalla's shoulder.

"Don't get me wrong, no. I have great faith in the boy. He's a credit to your race, but, uh, Sebulba there is going to win I think" Watto said making Lalla pout a bit. What faith he has.

"I know Anakin will win, Watto" She said harshly, making him glare down at him quickly.

"I should've placed you on the bet, girl" He sneered before turning back to Qui-Gon.

"Why do you think that?" The man asked while looking at Sebulba.

"He always wins!" Watto exclaims while laughing,
"I am betting heavily on Sebulba"

"I hope you didn't bet too much Watto, wouldn't want what happened last year to happen again" Lalla said with a nasty look on her face. Watto went to move closer to the girl when Qui-Gon stepped between them, making a mental note to never insult Anakin in front of her.

"I'll take that bet" He said, distracting Watto from what Lalla just said.

"You what?" Lalla and Watto said at the same time, both equally surprised.

"I'll wager my new racing pod against, say, the children and their mother" he said while crossing his arms. Lalla felt the wind get practically knocked out of her as her mouth opened a bit. He was betting on their freedom.

"No pod is worth three slaves, not by a long shot" Watto seethed, looking from the man to his slave girl. He went to grab her when Qui-Gon stepped in front again.

"The boy and his sister only then" He tried to reason. Lalla just stared at the mans back while her breathing got a bit quicker.

"Hmm. Well, we'll let fate decide, huh?" Watto said while pulling a chance cube from his bag.

"I just happen to have a chance cube here, Blue is for the kids, red for the mother" He said. Lalla instinctively grabbed onto Qui-Gons clothes, standing to his side as she watched in anticipation.

She watched almost in slow motion as Qui-Gon waved his hand slowly, the dice rolling until it finally stopped. It was blue. Lalla felt tears come to her eyes at she looked up at Qui-Gon. He looked down at her and gave her a soft smile. Before thinking she quickly wrapped her arms around him. She heard a soft chuckle come from him as he lifted her into his arms. She was going to be freed. She knew Ani would win.

"You won this small toss, outlander, but you won't win the race!" Watto grumbled while looking at the girl who was in his arms. She had her arms tightly wrapped around him as he help her up.

Qui-Gon set Lalla down gently, kneeling down so they were the same height. She couldn't keep the large smile off her face as she looked at him. He placed his large hand on the side of her head affectionately.

"You mustn't tell Anakin about this yet. Or your mother" He said making her nod quickly. She was so happy she couldn't even speak right now. Qui-Gon quickly stood when he noticed Anakin and her mother come in and grabbed her hand pulling her along towards them.