(𝐬𝐜𝐞𝐧𝐞 𝟗) getting her back

☽☽☽

☽☽☽

ATHENA PUSHED THROUGH THE DOOR TO THE POTTER HOUSE BEFORE REMUS COULD EVEN GET HIS LEG IN. She dashed through, her eyes skating around the living room before she hurried to the kitchen.

"Prongs!" Athena yelled and despite not being himself, James couldn't help but break out into smile as Athena flung her arms round his neck.

"Even I didn't get a welcome like that" Remus huffed, leaning on the door frame behind.

"I was still tired when I saw you" Athena rolled her eyes, "now I feel like I could run a marathon",

"Don't over do it" Remus rolled his eyes as the girl finally let go of James.

"Where are the others?" Athena asked, practically bouncing where she stood. For some reason after a few days of lying around and letting Remus look after her, she'd had a sudden spur of energy which left her excited to see all of her friends again.

She turned her head to see Lily, Marlene and Dorcas walk into the room grinning.

"There's the bitch" Dorcas laughed as she walked forward and hugged Athena.
Marlene was a lot more excited and practically bounced towards her with her blonde hair swaying.

Athena greeted Lily last and decided that the auburn haired girl definitely gave the best hugs. She felt immediately warm and smelt the fresh spritz of lavender and jasmine perfume.

"I can't believe you're back" Marlene gasped, "like you're actually back"

"Couldn't get rid of me if you tried" Athena grinned as she moved to sit on the bar stool beside James.

Now looking at the boy, she could tell he wasn't right. He couldn't keep his eyes focused on one thing for a long amount of time, he didn't maintain eye contact nor did he have his usual lively presence.

Sirius ambled into the room a second later looking tired as though he hadn't been sleeping. It seemed this was a recurring theme around here.

"I forgot to tell you" Sirius smiled lightly as he sat on the stool beside her, "I got my own place"

"You moved out?" Athena beamed, "where to?"

"Just this small apartment, it's still in London just not central"

"You'll have to show me sometime soon" Athena smiled, "hey... can't Kennedy stay with you after we get her"

"What did you say?" Dorcas frowned, pausing mid way through pouring herself some iced coffee.

"They don't know" Sirius whispered with a light smirk on his lips,

"They don't know about the mission or about you and Kennedy?"

"Either" Sirius laughed, "but I think they do now"

"Shit" Athena put her head in her hands, "sorry I just assumed you'd told them"