10.

Aary's POV

        This is the first year that I've actually had a date to the school dance. Usually Draco, Blaise, Mal, and I go as a group. I feel bad for sort of ruining that tradition but it was bound to happen.

          "Good afternoon class!" Professor Sprouts says cheerfully. "Open your books up to the page written on the board, today we'll be talking about Gillyweed."

      While I'm flipping through the pages in my textbook an older Slytherin leans over.

           "You know, if you're interested I have another type of weed for only a few galleons."

           I nearly snort from laughing so hard. "Selling to fifth years, is that how desperate you are?"

           He gives me a sour look and goes back to his area. I notice that Malory heard every word of the conversation also and she rolls her eyes.

                   "A few galleons," She mumbles. "He's on something more than skunk."

    Draco and Blaise start listening in now that she's said something interesting.

                              "What about skunk?" Blaise asks.

                          "Oh shut it." Malory snaps jokingly.

        Professor Sprouts goes on about the magical plant for quite some time and I feel myself starting to doze off. I woke up from the party still slightly drunk, meaning I'm currently in my hangover.

          "Gillyweed helps humans breathe underwater," She states. "The human will grow gills and webbing between their fingers and toes."

         I remember during the Triwizard Tournament when they had the challenge in The Great Lake, Harry used Gillyweed. Draco was very determined to find out how Harry was always doing so good, so I had to interrogate Longbottom.

         "Are we planning on partying after the dance?" Blaise says quietly in between the four of us.

                          "Of course we are you git." Draco scoffs.

        Blaise raises his hands defensively then goes back to taking his notes.

          "Speaking of the dance," Draco looks in my direction. "Do you think you could pick up an extra corsage before?"

         Malory's head shoots up but she tries to play it off. "How cute, Drac wants to wear a corsage."

                        He chuckles. "Humorous, but it's not for me."

      I should be surprised but I'm not, this is his way of getting into bed with a girl. If you take her to the dance then she'll really not be able to resist. It's pathetic but it always works.

                           "I'm sure I can grab another one." I tell him.

       He thanks me with a nod and in the corner of my eye I see Malory trying not to ask more questions.

                   "Make sure to take a lot of notes, this will be on your O.W.L.s."

           Although the O.W.L.s are months from now I'm absolutely terrified for them. In case you don't know, they're the biggest test we take during our time at Hogwarts. They go over all of the "important" things, which is a stretch but whatever.