(𝐬𝐜𝐞𝐧𝐞 𝟏𝟕) the casual life

☽☽☽

☽☽☽

THE NEW YEAR WASN'T AS EXCITING AS ONE MAY THINK. Athena was laid back on rumpled sheets, a record filling the calming atmosphere as she read her book. There was a a blunt between her lips which she wasn't incredibly proud of but she couldn't deny that it helped her relax.

The smoke mingled in the air as she felt a cold breeze signalling an open door.

"You shouldn't smoke, it's not good for you" Remus scoffed as he took the bud from her and placed it between his own lips. Athena frowned but didn't say anything as she flipped another page of her book.

Remus moved to the end of the bed and stood for a moment, staring out the open window with his flannel undone. Athena tried to keep her eyes on the words of the book yet her gaze fluttered up to the bare skin entangled with scars. She couldn't exactly help it.

The boy had stubbed the blunt out on a makeshift ashtray (that had previously been a soap dish) long before he realised Athena was staring at him. Often people got a feeling, like a prickle of the skin or an itch to the head when they felt someone's eyes on them. Remus had grown used to Athena's stares that he didn't even notice anymore.

"I was smoking that" Athena mumbled as she placed the book over her eyes, concealing the blush that had just crept over her cheeks.

"I finished it" Remus replied simply. She noticed the words but didn't exactly take them in.

A second later she felt a hand running up her leg and a faint kiss on her inner thing. It took everything inside of her to compose herself as she casually flipped the page over despite not finishing what she had already been reading. She knew this would irk him.

Remus continued to leave a plethora of butterfly kissed over her legs as his hands stroked their way over her knees. Athena let in a sharp intake of breath as his hand moved to her hip but he was yet to say anything.

"Good book?" He asked, playing with the fabric of her underwear, the curls or his hair tickling her other leg.

"Very interesting" Athena nodded in response. Truthfully it was a good book made up of poems.

"I don't know how you read poetry" Remus murmured. Athena continued to ignore the feeling of fabric being pulled down her leg, "it's boring"

"I like words, they're pretty" Athena mused gently as her eyes skated over them.

"Tell me one then" Remus smirked. She couldn't see him but she knew he was smirking.

"You are burning through the day" Athena began to recite, "As I run, you follow me, you are all over. As I cry out for help I am struck by the light. Not a soul responds to my cry. The light stretches over a long sea of clouds but the cool bed of clouds cools me and I am safe from the sun's rays. I am not safe. I run. I run. But it is all over me. Now I am scared. The clouds cover the sky. It is dark. It is dark. I can not run anymore. I am blinded by the dark gleam of the desert"