(𝐬𝐜𝐞𝐧𝐞 𝟏𝟗) welcome to paris

☽☽☽

☽☽☽

"HAVE YOU PACKED EVERYTHING?" Athena called to Remus, staring at her own bag that was at the point of overflowing. The problem was that they didn't know how long they were going to be spending in Pairs. It could be two days or two months and there was no real way to estimate this.

However after casting a quick spell the proportions of Athena's suitcase changed subtlety meaning that the clothes all fell together neatly. The undetectable extension charm had saved her many times and she stared at her work proudly before zipping the contents up and lugging the case down the stairs.

"I think I've got everything" Remus replied in a very unconvincing tone. Athena rolled her eyes noticing that he was leaning over the muggle crossword having no hope of finishing it as his muggle knowledge wasn't brilliant.

Remus had been finished getting ready for ages now, maybe about an hour. Athena wasn't sure how he'd packed everything so fast and she was more than sure that he'd probably left something behind.

She ruffled his hair playfully causing him to laugh to himself as Athena went about locking the doors and closing the blinds which was a routine her parents would always go through before leaving on holiday.

Athena hadn't been on many vacations. When she was a lot younger they used to go more often however after Aurora joined Hogwarts the trips went down to a bare minimum. She'd never been to Paris that's for sure and despite it being a mission rather than a holiday she was extremely excited.

"Are you ready to go?" Athena asked, "honestly.. like completely ready"

"I'm completely ready" Remus replied, taking another sip of his coffee,

"You don't look ready" Athena mused,

"What do you mean I don't look ready?" He frowned, his own eyes skating over the clothes that he was wearing at an attempt to figure out her words.

"I'm just making sure"

"Rena if I've left something it takes two seconds to come back, it's not as though we're taking a plane"

"I know that" Athena rolled her eyes, "but I'm turning the grate off after we leave"

Athena and Remus would be travelling to Paris via floo powder. This wasn't always the main method of transport especially when going across borders but it also wasn't impossible, just a less pleasant experience.

The other main option was apparition and Athena definitely wasn't keen on letting either Remus or herself apperate over seas. Therefore they'd decided on floo powder.

The six of them would be staying in the Potters apartment. Athena hadn't known that James' parents owned property in France however it did come in very handy for the order at this time.