(𝐬𝐜𝐞𝐧𝐞 𝟐𝟎) pont des arts

☽☽☽

☽☽☽

"RIGHT SO WHAT DO WE KNOW?" Lily asked. They were sat around the kitchen table with some delightful smelling croissants from the bakery down the street.

The unnerving silence that followed suggested what everyone had been thinking. They barely knew anything at all.
"Right" Lily sighed, "well let's start at the beginning, Athena you said that Voldemort was on business in France"

"We're not talking about that" Remus cut in, "we don't need to go back there"

"It's fine Remus" Athena smiled, "he was supposed to arrive a few days after me but he was caught up with business in Paris, Kennedy told you all this"

"But the business didn't go well?" Marlene continued,

"No he was... in a terrible mood when he arrived" Athena confirmed, shivering slightly at the thought.

"So whatever happened in Paris... well it wasn't finished so he's either sent or sending Dacre here to sort it out"

"Presumably" James nodded, "problem is, we have absolutely no idea what it is Voldemort was trying to do"

"Dumbledore didn't give us any instructions" Dorcas groaned, placing her head against the table, "instructions would have been nice"

"Yeah well I'm not sure Dumbledore knows anything either" Lily pointed out.

"So what did you see in the Crystal ball?" Asked James,

"Just Dacre walking around Paris" Athena shrugged, "that doesn't give us anything"

"What would Voldemort want in Paris?" Marlene asked,

"A new outfit" Dorcas grumbled causing James to snort,

"Maybe it's to do with the French government?" Said Lily, "they have a lot of power over Europe's magic registration maybe he's trying to infiltrate it"

"Maybe" James mused, "but wouldn't he start with the ministry I mean... he surely wouldn't jump straight to France when most of his works in England"

"True" Lily nodded, "but then I really can't think what he would want"

"Well what's Voldemort doing?" Remus asked, "what's his goal"

"We need Kennedy for this" Marlene sighed, "why isn't she here again?"

"She's in hiding Marls" Athena smiled, "anyway Voldemort never trusted her in the first place so it's not as though he told her a bunch of information".

"True but what do we know?" Lily pressed on,

"Not a lot it seems"

"Well Voldemort wants the wizarding world to be free of muggle blood we know that much"