(𝐬𝐜𝐞𝐧𝐞 𝟐𝟓) a lot of work

☽☽☽

☽☽☽

THE ORDER MEETING HAD BEEN DIFFICULT FOR Kennedy and Sirius. Kennedy had to tell the entire story again, trying to remain composed even though it was obvious that she was internally breaking.

Nevertheless, it gave the order a great advancement against Voldemort knowing what he was planning. The locket still resided with Kreacher as far as they were aware and for now Dumbledore deemed it as safe.

As for the cup, to Dumbledore there was no question that Voldemort was going to come for it. However he couldn't exactly break into Hogwarts and steal it, at least not while Dumbledore was there which was inevitable.

Sirius wasn't himself. The news of Regulus' death had spread to the papers, it talked about how they were having a ceremony celebrating his life the later week however Sirius couldn't even show up. He wasn't welcomed in his own family and therefore couldn't say a real goodbye to his own brother.

The Black family evidently didn't know the real cause of Regulus' death. Kreacher must have told them something but it can't have been the truth, he was forbidden from doing that.

In Orion and Walburga's eyes, Regulus had still been their star child, the perfect boy. The order now knew Regulus' real standing point as a hero. He died valiantly, no one could take that away from them.

March ended sourly. Remus came back from the night of the full moon with a large gash over his chest. Athena tried to clean it up the best she could but she knew that it would leave yet another scar.

The moon had put him in an even worse mood than he had been in before. Athena tried to get through to him which partially worked. She knew he wasn't deliberately shutting himself out but she couldn't help but be annoyed about it.

However Athena knew that them living together and seeing each other 24/7 wasn't helping much. She'd been trying to get out of his hair slightly, visiting her friends as much as possible.

She spent a lot of time with Dorcas and Marlene. They always seemed to have something new to talk about despite seeing her so often. There was never a dull moment around them, that's for sure.

Dorcas had her own apartment in London, it was part of a complex of flats a lot like Sirius'. It was a slightly dull building however Dorcas' place screamed the opposite.

She had hung tapestries on nearly every wall, cushions adorned the sofas, sweet smelling diffusers filled the flat with beautiful scents. There was an electric blue guitar hanging on the bedroom wall that she couldn't even play (though Marlene was rather good at it).

There were rugs covering the boring grey carpet. Since it was a rental she couldn't actually paint the walls but she'd still made the place her own that was for sure.

She made the girls cocktails when they came over and poured them into glasses shaped like pineapples. She even added dried flowers on the top since she was so extra.