(𝐬𝐜𝐞𝐧𝐞 𝟐𝟕) in loving memory

☽☽☽

☽☽☽

"BOTH OF THEM?" Athena placed her hand over her mouth. Tears pricked in her eyes as she remembered the kind smile of Euphemia, the jokes that Fleamont would tell and his laugh sounding out louder than the rest.

"They've been sick for a while" Lily sniffed, "it's easy to miss, the symptoms are a lot like old age until the end but... we got to say goodbye"

"Lily I'm so sorry" Athena dashed up and wrapped her arms around her friend who sobbed into her chest. Ignoring everyone around, Athena lay her cheek against Lily's hair and closed her eyes. Remaining in the moment and feeling hurt by the girls rasping cries.

"How is he?" Athena murmured, "I couldn't think of much worse than losing both your parents... so suddenly"

"I know" Lily nodded, "I'm trying to be strong for him"

Athena nodded, loosening her grip on Lily with a weak smile.

"It's not contagious" Lily continued as though simply reciting everything that the medi-wizard had told her, "it tends to only affect people who are older and they... they went painlessly, Mia first and then... and then Monty"

"It'll be ok" Athena sighed as Lily leant against her, "should we go and find James, someone should tell Sirius... they were his parents too"

Lily nodded in agreement but it seemed she couldn't form words without a cry bubbling in her throat.

"I'll call Sirius by patronus... I think I know how and then I'll come find you both ok?"

Lily nodded again before walking out the room with her head held low. Athena took a few deep breaths. She'd just gotten over the shock of losing Regulus so soon and now this had hit the group as well. She didn't want to imagine how Sirius was going to take this. Euphemia and Fleamont may biologically be James' parents but they were Sirius' as well.

Athena cast her patronus and tried not to cry as the silver wolf appeared,

"Sirius you need to come to St. Mungo's, I'm so sorry but the Potter's have... they passed away Pads I'm so sorry"

She tried not to burst into tears as the wolf vanished. Others in the waiting room were giving her sympathetic glances and she felt suddenly uncomfortable. Without wasting anymore time, she dashed out of the room in a hunt to find James and Lily.

It didn't take long to find the two of them. James was sat by a now empty bed, the sheets were rumpled suggesting that someone had been there at some point. He had his head in his hands and he was shaking as Lily ran her hand up and down his back.

Athena faltered wondering if they might be best left alone, she definitely didn't want to force herself in where she wasn't needed. However as she backed away, James looked up. His glasses were askew, his face red and stained with tears.